Setting Signal During Motion

• Hello, I'm programming a case erecting robot right now and ran into something I figured I'd ask on here. I scavenged the AS manual through a ton and couldn't find what I'm looking for.

Explanation: I have vacuum holding the case and is feeding into belts that are running. What I'm thinking now is to have the robot do a move and then when it gets to about an inch from the belts kill the vacuum and continue to push to the belts. However, because the cases are a different size each time, I cannot use work space location signals as it will change based on width and length of the box.

The other thing I thought about was to set #HERE then offset math based on my box size but before I jumped into figuring that out I wanted to see if there was a way to simply turn SIGNAL on when robot was like 90% done with a certain move or something along those lines.

Let me know if you have any questions.

• If you cant teach a reference position because of varying positions then i would use an offset to that point/position register it would look like the following:

L PR[X]mm/sec CNT Offset, PR[X]

DO[X]=ON

L PR[X]mm/sec FINE

The offset PR[X] will consist off an X,Y, or Z offset so maybe -70mm should get you about 90% the way there

Then you will continue to the move but w/o the offset PR[X]

Be sure to make it a CNT termination so that the robot swims right through that offset point. That's all i can think off w/o using POS REF

• JD_Mid-State this is a Kawasaki board, not a Fanuc.

Those commands unfortunately are not relative here.......but thanks for the input.... :top:

PlasticBlaze

You could always try the 'poor man' method, by setting an accuracy value prior to the motion instruction, triggering the signal BUT moving to the actual position by implementing a break in CP motion:

Code
    ACCURACY 100;
    LMOVE target;
    SIGNAL 1;
    BREAK;

The robot will move to the actual location as the BREAK is used to break the CP (ignore the accuracy), but the signal will trigger when the robot hits the accuracy radius of the motion segment.

Advertising from our partners