Tool changer Roboguide

• Hello,

Hope evryone is fine here, I'm new on the forum.

I'd like to simulate tool changing with roboguide (R2000i), do you have any idea? Do I have to activate any option ?

Have a good day.

Stefan

• Tool Changing is usually just firing whatever I/O to Lock/Unlock your tool. So no, you should not need any other options.

As far as simulating it, it depends how in depth you want your simulation.

If you actually want to show picking and placing the tool. You would do it similarly to picking and placing a part in roboguide. Add the slave side of your tool as a part, and then pick it.

The following video is one of many pretty good roboguide tutorials.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hey, how would you then simulate the open and close postion, when the tool would be created as a part? Same as it is in the Simulation tab for the UTs.

• Hey, how would you then simulate the open and close postion, when the tool would be created as a part? Same as it is in the Simulation tab for the UTs.

Hi,

I did a tool change application in RG a while back.
    As previously stated, I had the tool CAD as a part on the fixture (the tool stand). Went to the tool pickup position and "picked" the tool using a simulation program. Next, I switched to another tool frame where I had the Tool CAD.

This way the rest of the program was made with the User Tool CAD model attached to the robot and not the tool CAD as a part.

There might be a brief momentary visual glitch when the graphics switch between showing the part to showing the user tool CAD.

But by doing this you can maintain the open/close functionality.

Code
    *User Tool = 0 (emtpy flange)
    *Move to tool pickup position (with FINE)
    *Using sim.prog "pickup" tool part from tool stand fixture
    *Switch active User Tool to the one with the actual open/close CAD
    *Continue with program
  • Hey,

I was imagining it to be done in this way, but how do you hide the part when you changed the UT to the desired gripper. Beceause, if you let the part be visible it will be weird to move with the part and the UT at the same time - also when the UT would pick something, the part would just be static.

I think the glitch will always be there, as you have UT and Part inside each other :frowning_face:

• Hey,

I was imagining it to be done in this way, but how do you hide the part when you changed the UT to the desired gripper. Beceause, if you let the part be visible it will be weird to move with the part and the UT at the same time - also when the UT would pick something, the part would just be static.

I think the glitch will always be there, as you have UT and Part inside each other :frowning_face:

Simply "drop" the recently picked part (the UT CAD) but leave the field of where to drop the part on blank.

Advertising from our partners