Determining which "AUX" a terminal is connected to

• Like the title says. Is there a way in AS to determine which AUX ports are currently connected to a krterm instance? I want to print exclusively to krterm, but it seems random on which AUX port I get connected to.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• Not that I know of, but I only think 3 simultaneous sessions are allowed and usually I have only ever used 1 session of printing messages on.

I think they are treated as FIFO and unless an AUX session is closed (correctly closed), then that AUX port value remains in use until a reboot of the controller.

AUX1 is first session, AUX2 is second session, AUX3 is third session.

You can look in the operations log, in that list will be logged commands sent from AUX'x' no.

How many KRTerm sessions are you looking having permanent connectivity?

• Damn. Really just my personal connection. I mainly use it for printing debugging information.

The fact I am just shutting my computer lid and leaving for the day without properly disconnecting is probably causing the AUX increments.

• The fact I am just shutting my computer lid and leaving for the day without properly disconnecting is probably causing the AUX increments.

Definitely..........and unfortunately.

Can you just 'lock your PC' and have it turn off the display after xx time?

• If you can create a TCPIP link and program instead to log your information, then upto 8 simultaneous sockets can be used that way - TCP_STATUS command can track TCPIP connections and also ZPRSOCKET from the command line.

• Its my business laptop, I take it with me when I leave. The debug information is only really needed for when I run some conversion utilities I wrote.

I'll just reboot the controllers to reset the AUX count, and be more cognizant of disconnecting properly when I leave.

• If the network cable is pulled or the application is closed, then that session remains open and when you re-connect a new session is started.

Any session that is to end should be properly disconnected using the disconnection tab in the toolbar and it correctly terminates the session - from experience.

Advertising from our partners