Pendant losing cyclic connection when changing the selector switch to enter the connection manager

• (KSS version 8.5.6) (kernel system 8.5.385) (KR C4 compact control panel) (KR 10 R1420 robot)

When i connect my pendant to robot #3 the main screen works fine showing the robot taking commands from the plc in external mode, shows the robots name and I can send stop and start commands to the robot, everything working normally but as soon as I flip the selector switch to try to put it into T1 it says "error during cyclic communication Disconnected" state reads "HMI OK" and robotname reads "unknown robot" (even though it lists the robots name fine in the top left corner of the main screen before I turned the switch) . If I try to flip the switch back and go to the main screen it will no longer load that screen and says to flip the switch back so it can connect, but it never connects.

I have tried:

1 unplug/ replug pendant: main screen loads successfully showing the robot name commands from the plc everything running normally until the switch is flipped again.

2 plug pendant into other robots: pendant works fine on robots 1,2,4,5,6 can switch them into t1 and back to external no problem, pendant doesn't seem to be the issue.

3 plug the pendant in with the switch already turned: pendant fails to connect.

4 checked for damage to the pendant connector in the panel : blasted out the connector with some canned air inspected the wiring.

The robot is doing what its supposed to for now but we wont be able to reset it when something does happen, I fear power cycling the robot because if it doesn't fix the issue the robot will not start working automatically and I will have a robot down.

Is it possible to wire up a switch directly to the control panel to switch to t1 and external? This would allow me to power cycle the robot without fear of it being stuck

Advertising from our partners