Stupid Question - FANUC I/O

• Good morning everyone,

I have (hopefully) a stupid question.

We bought a used robot, an M-410iC/140HL that was previously used to palletize boxes.

We are using it for the same purpose, but I have a challenge setting up the I/O.

Previously, they used EthernetIP to communicate with the robot/cell/PLC, and I'm removing all other devices except the robot for the current application. Inputs and Outputs 1-256 are assigned for EthernetIP.

For whatever reason, I cannot get the robot to let me add another range of inputs or outputs as Digital I/O into the mapping.

I've tried doing a controlled start, numerous power-cycles.

My main question - is there a system variable to set the number of I/O showing in the mapping scheme? I'm wondering if they limited that to 256, so that no other parts of the range show up. If I delete the EthernetIP from the mapping, will that allow me to then add in the digital I/O? I'm planning to use a FANUC backplane and 16-point digital Input and Output cards inside of the controller to do things like turn vacuum pump on and off for the EOAT suction cups, receive UOP start/reset signals from a control box located away from the robot, and an auxiliary signal set from some safety scanners (I can handle the external e-stops, fence open signals)

Please help! Hopefully I'm just overlooking something stupid, but can't find any good info in my manuals.

-nutcase511

• Update for everyone:

Under System Variables, $MAX_NUM_PRT was set to 256, I changed to 512.

Once I changed the first set of EthernetIP to range 1-15, then I was able to add more parts of the range.

Numerous reboots required to update everything.

Because they had previously used a lot of the I/O for UOP signals and status Outputs (product dropped, robot running, crash detected, etc), I had to separate the second Input card to range 200-215.

A little convoluted, but I thought I'd give an update. Everything working now (though a little messy)

Advertising from our partners