UNKNOWN OPERATION MODE error when E-Stop are not preseed.

• We have a robot (V)KRC2 ed05, it works alone. In this version, the service mode selector is in the cabinet.

When I have the emergency stop pressed (in the cabinet or in the kcp) I do not have any alarm. However, when I disable either of those two emergency stops, the UNKNOWN OPERATION MODE error appears.

While any of the E-stops are depressed, I can change modes of operation with the selector with no problem. The problem is when I disable the emergency stop.

Any suggestions to diagnosis?

I hope you can support me.

• When I have the emergency stop pressed (in the cabinet or in the kcp) I do not have any alarm.

Your screenshot shows a huge amount of alarms. On the right side of message window the scroll bar is active, so there are some more messages.

Wrong wiring, or defective safety board.

• Thanks for your reply.

I can use the kcp and I can Navigate on the system. I see on ESC Diagnosis Window that all the Local emergency stops are working, it seems KPS600 is awaiting another signal to be ready, do you know wich are those signal KPS600 is waiting?

I need to be sure if the problem si on KPS600, CI3 card or MFC3 card.

I have checked all the fuses.

• Hello,

my guess is You had disconnected the KCP and didn't reset the ESC.

Right side of the Cabinet bottom circuit board. behind third plug on the front, counted from the bottom, is a Micro switch.

press it and see if it works again

Greetings

• Hello Loipe,

I have Made the ESC reset from "ESC Diagnosis Window", is not the same as the buttom on the CI3 board? Anyway I Will try it.

We didn't disconnect the KCP before the error message.

• Look for the other messages.

Why do you think this?

Hi Hermann, I think that because when local E-Stop are preseed I can change Operation mode (T1, T2, Auto, Ext) without problem, there is no error message displayed. Only when we deactivate them the "UNKNOWN Operation mode" error appears.

• Hello Loipe,

I have Made the ESC reset from "ESC Diagnosis Window", is not the same as the buttom on the CI3 board? Anyway I Will try it.

We didn't disconnect the KCP before the error message.

• I have this problem occasionally on our ed05. My problem is the wiring on the back of T1/T2/Auto switch is dirty or corroded and it doesn't recognize that you're in an operating mode (that's why this is a question mark in this screenshot, instead of T1 or Auto)

Check that the wires are connected, then wiggle them, or pull them out and clean under the screws.

I'm able to solve it just by wiggling the wires. If your mode switch is on the pendant, this won't exactly work but maybe the concept is the same.

• those messages are common when X11 wiring is incorrect or not present, or when ESC is defective

Thanks Panic mode,

ESC has KPC, KPS, MFC3 and CI3 board...how I recognize wich of them is defective?

It semana KPS is awaiting another signal to get ready.

• I have this problem occasionally on our ed05. My problem is the wiring on the back of T1/T2/Auto switch is dirty or corroded and it doesn't recognize that you're in an operating mode (that's why this is a question mark in this screenshot, instead of T1 or Auto)

Check that the wires are connected, then wiggle them, or pull them out and clean under the screws.

I'm able to solve it just by wiggling the wires. If your mode switch is on the pendant, this won't exactly work but maybe the concept is the same.

Thanks Kbbekala,

This error only appears when Local E-Stops are deactivated, when I press one of them, I can switch the Operation modes without problem.

• there is a diagnostic tool built into KSS

Yes, we are using it yo reset ESC. I can visualize different signals into KCP, KPS, MFC but I don't know wich signal is missing on KPS.(Don't know wich are necessary) When I release the Local E-Stops the "UNKNOWN OPERATION mode" appears...but I don't know how to interpretate signals on KPS.

• I can visualize different signals into KCP, KPS, MFC

good, at least someone can, because we did not see any of those.

When I release the Local E-Stops the "UNKNOWN OPERATION mode" appears...

can you be more specific about those "local EStops"? did you check wiring and function of those EStops? what electrical test equipment you have used? could be single channel fault or cross channel fault or short... what exactly did you test and how?

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners