Refpoints for weaving on positioner

• Hi all.

I use coordinated motion R1+S1 for welding with weaving on positioner. I always use Reference points and set them according with documentation (REFP1 on the wall, REFP2 along the direction of travel). But sometimes have a problem with weaving angle. For one seam it is OK, for another seam - wrong (rotated 90 deg). Looks like it depends on positioner orientation.

I didn't find any documentation for Reference points for weaving with coordinated motion.

My typical Job:

• Hi !

I have a quite similar problem on R1+S1:S1 jobs with weaving. I want to play a non-planar trajectory but by keeping a vertical tool. So the part is rotating on 2-axis positioner. The problem is that the positioner starts at 0° and ends at 90° by playing the full trajectory. So, when the weave starts, I have a single oscillation from left to right following the trajectory, but at the end, I have an oscillation from top to bottom following the trajectory. It’s because the oscillation refers to the User Frame which moves with the positioner angle. Is there a way (a parameter to modify?) that the oscillation refers to the base coordinate for example, so the oscillation can stay static during all the trajectory?

I know it is possible to add some SREFP to redefine the direction of the oscillation, but to keep correct parameters, it means add SREFP every 5° of rotation, and it’s very time consuming…

Advertising from our partners