Krc5 micro over voltage

• I have a krc5 miro that is powered by 120v, see schematique. It was working fine but the machine has been moved and when it was replugged the new outlet was bad and giving out 200v in between L and N, and 120v in between L and Gnd, and 120v in between N and GND. On start up the fuse FU104 has blown, and the krc5 never started. Now i changed the outlet for one that is working properly at 120V and replaced the fuse. Before restarting the controler i tested all my wiring and every thing is ok. i have 120V the input of the transfo and 240v at the output, but when i started the controler the same fuse blew. Can anyone point me in the right direction to how i can fix this. I havent opened the Krc5 yet for warenty reasons.

• have not looked inside C5 yet and don't have electrical drawings for it but there is definitely something damaged.

Normally in all KRCs AC mains is first connected to line filter (K1), then it goes to power supplies (G1,G2). in smaller units like KRC4 compact (likely the same on KRC5 micro) those two are packed into one supply (G1). So those would be components to die first. Filter may be standalone product but in smaller unit (C4 compact and likely C5 micro) this is part of the AC input connector. separating this from G1 would allow checking which one is shorted. but at any rate that would require repair and if you are lucky, it would be the filter. however it is most likely that PSU (G1) is busted.

larger cabinets powered by 3-phases also have overvoltage protection in form of large MOVs but i don't think i've ever seen that on any of smaller controllers.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• just heard of another case like this. robot that was used for a while and working fine was moved to new part of building that was renovated and powered by separate 3-phase transformer. but one of the new outlets was miswired by contractor - instead of being connected to phase and neutral, it was connected to two phases and the rest is the history: 120V*1.73 = 208V. Then transformer doubled that to 416V and bye bye KRC5.

so always check voltage in any circuit before connecting robot to it.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners