irVision: "Child" tools display no results

• V 9.3, irVision with irPickTool.

So, this one has me scratching my head. I'm trying to add a Circle Finder tool as a "child" of the GPM tool in a line-tracking 2D Single-shot vision process. And it works, but... the "child" tool does not display any data. So I can't get any position or quality-score results from the CF tool. Which makes a real headache when I'm trying to tune that tool.

In the screenshot below, you can see that the CF tool almost found the circle (little red box), b/c I have the "Show Almost Found" option checked. But the data window at the bottom is empty. I only see results if I select the GPM tool, or the Offset Calc tool. It's quite frustrating.

• Do you need the GPM tool? When ever I have used circle finder it is by itself, not as a child to the GPM. If you need the GPM maybe just temporarily move Circle finder up a level so it isn't a "child", do the trouble shooting, make adjustments, then make it the "child" again.

• Well, turns out I was suffering from a temporary brain failure. Once I dialed the Score threshold down far enough, I started getting Almost and Actual finds. D'oh!

Do you need the GPM tool? When ever I have used circle finder it is by itself, not as a child to the GPM. If you need the GPM maybe just temporarily move Circle finder up a level so it isn't a "child", do the trouble shooting, make adjustments, then make it the "child" again.

So, that seems to be unavailable. Under "regular" irVision, I've been able to use the CF as a "top" tool. But under the 2D Line-Tracking type task, the only "top" level tools available are Blob and GPM. Most of the other tools are greyed out except as "child "tools to the Blob or GPM.

Advertising from our partners