SRVO-056 FSSB G1 A1, but for Line Tracking Encoder

• So, this was a fun one. While setting up an R30-iB Mate Plus for line tracking, we started getting this error. Sent us down a rabbit hole checking the servo connections and fuses, since G1A1 should be Axis 1 of the robot, right?

WRONG. :fish:

Nope. Turned out the fiber-optic cable from COP10B on the Line Tracking Board to the CPU COP10A was missing entirely.

The first indicator that it wasn't the robot axis 1 was that setting Encoder Enable (for the line-tracking encoder) to OFF under SETUP>ENCODERS on the pendant would eliminate the error and let the robot jog again, and turning it back ON would bring the error back on reboot. But I started checking the electrical connection from JRF3 on the Line Tracking Board to the encoder. :party1: I should have paid more attention to the "FSSB" part of the message.

Took me too long to notice the FSSB cable was missing. Once I obtained that and plugged it in, everything was fine. Moral: the error message is somewhat misleading.

• I think I had this same thing happen to me a few weeks ago. There was another error in the history that came with it, I forget the code. In the remedy for it there was mention of this error coming up if line tracking encoder is enabled with no encoder/board plugged in.

• I've had a couple of line tracking robots show up from Fanuc like that. FSSB was missing entirely. Wish they did a better job on their build before they shipped.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

Advertising from our partners