Impossible to confirm after (fake) collision detection

• Hi everybody,

first of all I'd say I'm sorry if my question has already been answered... I didn't find it. Feel free to redirect me.

In any case, I'm new with KUKA programming and I'm doing a milling system with SPRUTCAM. I have no external cyclic, just a control button that I use in EXT.
    Everything works fine except for this behaviour I need to obtain:

- Power failure (which I simulate by turning off current);

- Restore power;

- The robot restarts by going home or continuing what it was doing (and it's easy with hibernation)

- if restarts what it was doing checks spindle status and restore it.

BUT

When I turn off power brutally it detects a lot of fake collision alarms, and it is ok, it is a not normal case but these alarms are un-confirmable!
    I can switch to T1 and press confirm all every time I want: the robot won' t check the warnings and won't move. I need to deselect program,
    restart the system and everything goes ok, but of course I lose the pointer to the program and the line the robot was on, before the power failure.

Now... is there a tricky way to reset these alarms? Especially considering that there is no collision at power failure and probably it depends from the brakes...

Thanks a lot and sorry for being so newbie! :grinning_squinting_face:

• hermann Of course is better not to do that and really I would not... but my PM continue to tell me "You never know what can happen and it would be great for our customers to continue what they were doing after a power failure" … so it's not up to me... XD

• It will always happen when there is this kind of situation, Try to check the same at low speed and it will work, When you are at high speed and all of a sudden the stops you see this error. In the case of normal power fail when the robot is not moving you can start it but you should not when you are in motion and power fails. We have seen a lot of sagging issues in robots at the time of power fail.

• why do you think this is a "fake" collision? robot gets beat up when stopped abruptly - regardless if it contacts something external or not. that only means that stress is internal vs external.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• panic mode you're right! In fact the problem is certainly that the immediate stop, during movement, generates a stress on joints, detected as collision. I said "fake", improperly maybe, meaning that there is no collision with something external. In any case the problem remains... even if there was actually a collision I have to move robot in order to return in a safe condition, as suggested in the help by the way, but the only way I can do it is by deselecting program and restarting robot (and it seems very strange to me... I mean... if I have a normal collision during movement, I just confirm it an go on, if I can). I just have to find some kind of solution to acknowledge the alarm and restart without losing the pointer(s) in the program, in order to allow an hypothetical customer to resume what system was doing before a potential power failure.

Advertising from our partners