External rotary axis servomotor choosing

• Hi

In workvisual external axis configuration, if my table is selfmade, not a Kuka brand but gearbox and servomotor being from a Kuka robot, how should I choose right servomotor if mine is 1FK 6100, 3.77 kw ? One axis horizontal is the table.

There is any corespondence between 1FK 6100, 7100 with MG, ME, or is important only the current of driver , 40 A in my case?

machine.dat still need any additional setting be added as for KRC2, manually, or is enough what Workvisual configure in the project to be deployed?

Thank you.

• the main reason for WorkVisual existence is to avoid (as much as possible) manually setting of values in different places - WorkVisual allows more intuitive drag and drop, connecting graphical elements (drives config) etc. which significantly lowers the bar, makes it possible to do configuration quicker, etc.

but there are couple of things one need to know. one can find same type of motor in different catalog. the difference is how many of the settings are free (available). another difference is that catalogs exist for different voltages. (230/380/400/440/480). and same motor may be found more than once in the same catalog but for different size drive. one can always use larger drive to power the motor, but if drive is smaller than motor, performance (acceleration) will be reduced.

the next part is how the motors are labeled. there are different markings even on the same label. could be siemens model (like you use), could be KUKA article number etc. spare part article numbers are normally different too because they include packaging and some accessories (tiny pouch of grease etc.)

note that

ME/MG tells if motor has involute or smooth shaft. that is just mechanical difference, electrically everything is the same.

but

MGU is a motor-gear-unit.

you can see more in KUKA documentation for

Catalog "Exterenal Kinematics" contains elements with parameters that are largely locked since using KUKA Kinematics

Catalog "KukaDriveKinematics" contains elements that are largely unlocked since the servo drive is from KUKA, kinematics may be from someone else (Gudel, IGUS, custom)

example of choice for same ME_100 for example when different drive size is available:

Kuka has document on KUKA motors (so read KUKA label, not Siemens label):

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners