NX100 teachpendant wil not start

• Hello,

I buy a second hand robot with NX100

When i turn on the mean switch, the teachpendent starts up but hangs in its startup screen.

What could be the cause?

Does anyone have an answer to this.

Menno

• Might not be a CF card installed on the NCP board.

CF card may not have software installed on it.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Code
    Is there another way to start the robot anyway?

I've heard one hold the main button and then turn on the main switch
  • Code
    Is there another way to start the robot anyway?

I've heard one hold the main button and then turn on the main switch

That boots the controller into maintenance mode. The controller won’t boot up in any mode unless there is software on the installed CF card in the NCP board.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• The software would come from Yaskawa. The disk is probably the software for the programming pendant.

Step 1 is verifying the CF card is in the NCP.

Step 2 is putting the CF into a pc and verifying there are files on it.

Provided steps 1 and 2 are ok then step 3 is looking at the lights in the controller. Are both LEDs on the NCP green?

I’m not saying you need to contact Yaskawa for software. I’m giving the steps for systematic troubleshooting. Steps 3 through 50 don’t matter if you don’t have step 1 and 2.

• Also check to make sure that the NCP01 card is mounted properly into the controller and that the card attached to the NCP01 is mounted properly also. I've seen the robot get stuck on the MOTOMAN screen if not mounted properly.

Check also to make sure the pendant cable going into the bottom of the NCP01 card is mounted into the right network port.

• everuthing is checked.

One led (0) is on, the led (1) is off.

I have put a FC card from a other nx100 in to NCP01, but nothing change.

Also change teachpendent, nothing.

Advertising from our partners