Yaskawa Motoman Load World Issues

• Hi all,

I have a Yaskawa Motoman Load World unit at my school that I am trying to get running again. It hasn't moved in quite a long time due to reasons that I am not sure of. The unit has a side door with a magnetic non-contact sensor made by Pilz that, when the door is open, triggers an external E-stop. My issue is that even though the door is shut, the pendant still gives me a "robot side latch open" error and will not allow me to run the robot. I have tried to redneck rig it inside of the plc to make it work for now, which has not been successful. Is there any way to reprogram the robot so it will run even if the door is open? Or I guess a better way to say it is, is there any way to disable that external E-stop through the pendant so I can at least run the robot?

• Hi,

I don't know what is the controller model but you can see safety terminal , it is usually on the door or in bottom right of the controller. If you see on the door there are a plate that explain each pin of this terminal do what work. There are 4 pin for external emergency. It is pin 5,6,7,8 for YRC1000 controller. You must open the cable that are connected to this pins and jumper these pins. Connect pin 5 and 6 together and pin 7 and 8 together.

It will disable the external emergency.

• I'm assuming this is either an NX100 or DX100 controller. The external e-stop is pins 19-20 and 21-22.

On either controller there is a flat ribbon cable, green, gray, with a red stripe at one end. One side plugs into a small green circuit board with a gray terminal strip. This is mounted on a piece of DIN rail.

On NX100 this is typically located to the left hand side of the controller towards the back.

On the DX100 this is typically located on the right side of the controller mounted on the vertical wall.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

Advertising from our partners