Write to $IN variable from KUKAVarProxy

• Hi,

I'm trying to set up communication between KUKA and a python script on my PC. I have tried to use KUKAVarProxy (https://github.com/ImtsSrl/KUKAVARPROXY) and py_openshowvar and I am able to read and write variables and positions. I need to be able to write to $IN[] variables, to simulate buttons pressed.

Is there any way to get passed that the $IN variables are write-protected?

When I try the Y200 Interface in Office Lite I can manipulate the $IN Variables, so Y200 is allowed, and I guess it might be possible to let KUKAVarProxy be allowed.

Cheers,

Fabian

• HawkME

Approved the thread.
  • i was wondering about the same thing but this is not something that KVR or C3B can do. one workaround is to structure programs differently. but... normally i do not use IO, I use signals. that can be adapted - that instead of declaring signals, one can declare variables with same name. programs would not know the difference. then declare another array of BOOL that KVR can write and in SPS add code that ORs real inputs and that array and sets the variables that program use. the limitation is that this things like this do not work for system inputs... which is why i would still like to get my hands on something that can work as an IO driver and write inputs.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners