ROBOGUIDE To FANUC Robot

• Hey all,

I'm attempting to move a program from ROBOGUIDE to an actual Fanuc robot. The program works fine in ROBOGUIDE, but when I try to run the program on the actual robot it gives me a "Position Not Reachable" error. Anyone know what I did wrong?

Thanks

• Is the RoboGuide project made from a Backup of the actual Robot?

Are the robots axis limits the same?

Another possible reason:

Does the error appear when robot moves from or to an "extreme" position?

I sometimes get the error, when the robot is in extreme position and the direct path would lead through not reachable areas.

After jogging into more normal position it would move to the desired position.

• If by "backup" you mean same model, yes.

The limits of the axis should be the same.

The error happens when the robot is in a normal position, and appears as soon as I try to run the program, even if there is a reachable direct path.

• When starting a new Roboguide project, you can choose whether you want to use a virtual robot from the library, or you create the virtual robot controller using a Backup you took from the real robot.

To be sure all settings are the same, the second option is preferable.

Of course sometimes you want to start with the Roboguide even before you have a real machine ready, but you could still start a second project from the real robot's backup later on and see if the behavior is the same.

• One more stupid question. In the header of your program do you select and set UFRAME and UTOOL? It could be possible that you have selected wrong frame/tool.

Can you share any screenshots/photos of your setting. Because it's deffinitely something wrong with setup. If you will share your program code, the please share LS file it will show points data.

Advertising from our partners