Status and Turn clarification

• Hello KUKA experts,

If there is a KRL program that contains .dat and .src files that begin something like this:

Code
    DECL E6POS XP01={X 0.0,Y 90.0,Z 5.0,A 0.0,B 0.0,C 180.0,S 1,T 6,E1 0.0,E2 0.0,E3 0.0,E4 0.0,E5 0.0,E6 0.0}
    ;FOLD LIN P01 CONT Vel=2 m/s % P01 Tool[1] Base[0];%{PE}%MKUKATPBASIS,%CMOVE,%VLIN,%P 1:LIN, 2:P01, 3:C_DIS C_DIS, 5:2, 7:P01

I wonder how Status S and Turn T are interpreted in case of linear movements.

I'm asking this because I have found in the system manual the following explanations: "The robot controller only takes the programmed Status and Turn values into

consideration for PTP motions. They are ignored for CP motions."

Nothing is said about LIN motions. In the manual, I found also this: "The robot controller retains the previous Status value. The Turn value is determined by the path

in CP motions. In the case of PTP motions, the robot controller selects the Turn value that results in the shortest possible path"

Do status S and Turn T have any significance when it comes to LIN motions? I cannot find the answer by reading the programming manual, so any additional clarification is very welcome.

• search forum, this was discussed more than once.

in simplest terms : CP motions do use S&T but those are calculated automatically based on values at he begin of the motion. in other words CP motions do not care about programmed values of S&T that are stored with your point.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Short answer: No they have no significance.

But: Of course LINs have also an associated Status and Turn. But not necessarily those programmed by you when teaching your positions. Status is kept constant along the LIN move and has the value that Status happens to have when the LIN starts. Turn can change along the path and is created implicitly along the path. The motion interpolation always chooses each 12 ms cycle the axis values closest to the previous cycle axis values and on the defined cartesian line.

Fubini

• yup, "CP motions" stands for "continuous path motions". those are essentially all non-PTP motions.

"continuous path" means that TCP position and orientation are predictable and known continuously (all the time) since TCP motion is constrained to be on a specific path all the time - at any point between begin and end of the motion.

TCP position and orientation are not known for PTP motions anywhere but at the begin and end of the motion - hence the name "point to point". TCP position and orientation are not predictable for PTP motions.

to make the distinction between the types, i used to draw the paths differently: CP motions as continuous lines, and PTP motions as dashed curve lines.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• They just us 'CP motions' as synonymous for LIN, CIRC, SLIN, SCIRC. Think this is the main problem of Ascik.

Great, that is exactly what confused me. Didn't know what CP represented.

Thank you all for your answer.

Advertising from our partners