Deburring Process broken

• Hi all,

I have to deburr a workpiece with variable dimensions. The Process is working but results are not 100%. The Robot makes alle the correct movements but it´s just deburring half of the part on each side, because it´s moving in a slight angle compared to the external tool, no matter what angle i set up the external tool system with. I´ve set up the tool1 again and tried to tune everything to it´s best, but i´m at my limit now.

The part of the program i´m talking about:

Tool and Base are set by an inline formular movement to a pre position at the beginning. Base is set to external tool 12, tool is set to tool1.

The single positions are calculated by the dimensions from the workpiece:

In every movement from an circular endpoint to an circular starting point, like from p2 to p3, there opens a slight gap between the deburring tool and the workpiece on half the way from p2 to p3 (visible in the picture "deburring_gap" ). like the robot would be moving in more than one axis, but the actual position shows no movement in that axis.

I tried adjusting the external tool angle but that didnt give me any results.

I would be happy to hear suggestions,

thanks and have a great day!

• - You should mention your robot system, robot type, HA, absolute or not, that makes big difference.

- Load data correct?

- What approximation distances are set?

• Yep, robot should be absolute, to do exact mathematical movements.

There are different ways in tackling this problem. One could be to use a search function, that requires an external sensor.

Or you use a mechanical suspension. Depends on the deburring tool you are using.

Or you do more exact measurements of base and tool in combination with absolute calibration.

Also don't forget that robots precision is not more than 1/10 mm or even worse.

• - You should mention your robot system, robot type, HA, absolute or not, that makes big difference.

- Load data correct?

- What approximation distances are set?

yeah of course, sorry i´ve been somehow stressed!

KR 10 R1100-2 with KSS 8.6.5

no continued movement (approximation!?), every point needs to be hit exactly.

• what do you mean with "Robot should be absolute"? Calibrated?

The base and tool, weight and weight center is correct.

• Absolute accuracy is ordered before the delivery of the robot. This means, KUKA is doing a precise measurement and activating absolute accuracy for that robot, because each robot has it's own manufacturing inaccuracy that needs to be taken into account.

• normal robots are STD (only "standard accuracy") which is not specially marked.

actually HA ("high accuracy") is what must be ordered (adds maybe $5-15k to the robot order)

the ABS robot ("absolute accuracy") can be ordered but also added after robot is delivered (adds $3-6k)

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• can i see that somewhere, like i can see which option packages are installed?

Mentionable: the position where the robot needs to deburr that piece, is nearly stretched. its 1000mm away in y and 300 in x from it´s origin

• Thanks for your help, friends!
    I have solved the issue! The tool i have is twisted in itself!

Hard to measure, but in an application where every 1/100 mm is important, its absolutely necessary.

Happy to see that my code is actually working :grinning_squinting_face:

AND: no exact robots here! A shame...

• Here is an example of robot label of a positionally accurate robot. This is not ordinary KR60, it is HA meaning that it was factory built to be accurate.

STD robots = standard robots - built from parts that meet the specs. the variations among specimen is compensated using MAM file only to get close to theoretical model used in MADA. there is no PID file.

ABS robots = like STD but measured using cloud of data points. they are used to apply better correction. results of measurements are stored in PID file. this measurement is time consuming (human labor) hence the added cost. but if needed, this can be done in field as well to upgrade STD robot to ABS

HA robots = high accuracy. robots are built from ground up to be accurate - using handpicked parts that not only meet the specs but have very tight tolerance. (this way they are already matching MADA better than STD robot). then they are measured like the ABS robot so they get the PID file. there is no way to upgrade STD or ABS to HA in field because one would need to replace each part (arm, carousel, link arm etc.) with one that has particularly tight tolerances. Well... in theory, one could... by buying 100s of robots, disassemble them, then carefully measure all parts, sort them, pick the best ones to build one arm that is better than others... then measure end result (to get PID file). But - how practical is that.

in terms of accuracy, HA variants beat ABS and ABS beats STD.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners