yaskawa dx200 digital input/output controll

• I all, I have a yaskawa dx200 and I would like connect digital inout/output. I would like learn more about correct connection and their settings on PP. Exists a tutorial or example or manual?

secondly I would ask the safety mode password default

many thanks in advance

• If any devices needs to be directly interfaced with Motoman DX200 through Ethernet/IP, the input and output you will be mapping these devices at are External Input/Outputs

From there,

You have to go into the Ladder Editor (CIOPRG.LST) and copy the signals from External IO to where you'd want them in General Purpose(Universal?) Input/Output.

General Purpose Input/Output is the "Digital I/O" most other robot refers to, and is the one of the few types of IO you can program with in Motoman's programs.

When you setup a device and allocate their IO in External I/O, it is not automatically linked to General Purpose I/O. In default case, motoman transfers the signals from External I/O to the General Purpose I/O but their numbers do not line up.

They also use 2 types of index for these different types of signals.

All of Motoman's IO has a relay number to them. Here is how the relay number works:

1. it will always have 5 digits.
    2. the first digit defines the type - 0&1 are general, 2&3 are external, 4&5 are specific, etc
    3. the middle 3 digits are the byte count
    4. the last digit is the bit address within a byte - it only goes up to 7 and then the byte digits will count up.

General Purpose(Digital) IO and Specific I/O have decimal indices alongside their relay number, making them easier to count/use in the robot programs.

Making External I/O and General I/O line up nicely is a very delicate task - as it often involves modifying chunks of ladder logic these robots came with. Always take a backup first.

• Hey TE....

So based on the info you provided above how would I reference or link 30041 to a General Purpose(Digital) IO in the External output? Is this where they are talking about the ladder ? Did not expect it to be this hard to tie a couple of outputs back to a PLC. I am still new to the Yaskawa... YRC1000 and a GP600.

Thanks .

• You should get a set of drawings that come with your robot. They will go through the standard/discrete I/O and then the I/O using the protocol that you are using (Ethernet, Profinet, etc.). The drawings are usually placed inside the controller.

The ladder already maps the External I/O to the General Purpose I/O. You don't need to worry about that. But the diagrams will show you which output signal in the job corresponds to which screw terminal location or ethernet/profinet location.

• Hey TE....

So based on the info you provided above how would I reference or link 30041 to a General Purpose(Digital) IO in the External output? Is this where they are talking about the ladder ? Did not expect it to be this hard to tie a couple of outputs back to a PLC. I am still new to the Yaskawa... YRC1000 and a GP600.

Thanks .

You will have to look at where in the External Input/Output is mapped for your specific controller. The information should be available in [System Info] - [Controller Inforamtion]. It is a summary of most of the things in a controller. Look for relay numbers - 2xxxx/3xxxx in a list of devices in roughly the External I/O allocation section.

From there, you will be able to to tell where the PLC part of the I/O is allocated in the External I/O. Then, you need to get in [Robot] - [Ladder Editor] and look for the allocated external I/O relays (2xxxx/3xxxx) for the PLC, and see which general purpose I/O (0xxxx/1xxxx) is driven/driving the external ones.

Ladder Editor require a higher security level.

• TE,

The ladder documentation is mighty slim on how to configure or re-configure the external IO mappings . Do you have any more informative documentation?

Thanks

Advertising from our partners