Error Codes, Status, and Robot Data Collection

• Hello,

I am working with and R-30iB Mate Plus Controller.

I am looking for some general information and best practices on how to gather fault and status information from my robot. I'd like to be able to gather as much information as possible.

I am familiar with the error output message option from Fanuc as well as ZDT. What are some other methods and how to's that would be more effective?

• I wouldn't want to go the PLC route.

Where can I find more information on FTP diagnostic files? I have setup an FTP connection and I can pull fault data using "get errall.ls" but I'd like to pull more information like world and/or joint coordinates, I/O states and end effector state (gripper open/closed). Is this possible with FTP?

• If you are using EthernetIP then you can read them with an explicit MSG instruction from a PLC.

I wouldn't want to go the PLC route.

There also exist Ethernet IP stacks for PC running on Windows or Linux. But you didn't mention on which system you want to collect the informations.

Think it is possible to colltect many informations via sockets or rest api, as the web interface of the robot can show them, but afaik it's undocumented. You can investigate it using wireshark while using the standard web interface of the robot.

Advertising from our partners