OLP_Real robot to simulation

• Hello all !

I want to ask about olp.

I created program on process simulate and dowload to robot .

But robot points away from the part.

how can i sync ps with real robot's points ?

When I open the robot backup points points away from the part.

it is necessary to equalize the robot in the field in the simulation

thank you

• You need to make a process called Calibration, that will inform the simulation software about the differences on placement of the real cell, compared to the virtual cell.

There are some methods, were You can calibrate individual programs, or You can create one or more User Frame and calibrate them. This will depend on Your setup and Your needs.

• Thank you for answer

Could you describe me how can I use Robot calibration menu or the other way to match the frames ( PS to real Robot )

• There are some methods of calibration.

Some are easier, some are more complicated and demand more resources, as, for example, make a frame calibration using a laser tracker or similar equipment.

If You are using Process Simulate, I think the easiest route is use Process feature called... Calibration.

It is located in Robot Tab.

Calibration is a little bit tricky, and I won't go inside its specificities, so You would need to consult the PS documentation very carefully.

But the basic workflow is:

- Create a Operation, inside PS, and teach at least four points, with robot "touching" a fixed part on the fixture you want to calibrate with on of its TCPs. If necessary, You can create a specific calibration TCP.

- Make the download from Process Simulate, and load the program in the robot. Rename this program inside the robot.

- Drive the robot to the real calibration points. The positions will probably have some small deviations. Move the robot to the right positions, and teach the calibration points on their righ positions.

- After finished, You will make a robot backup, and upload the renamed program on PS.

- After this, You need to use the Process Simulate Calibrate tool to make the corrections on your cell/fixture.

- After the differences from real word are accepted on virtual cell, You can download Your work programs on the real robot and make the tests.

Advertising from our partners