Get Current TCP Position from Staubli Robot

• Hello,

I am new to Staubli,

I am trying to get the current TCP position from Staubli Robot (TX2-90) with Controller (CS9) and send it to BECKHOFF IPC by uniVAL plc,

How can I create and Configure an EtheCat Master at J206 ? and how to send the current position of TCP to IPC?

• Hello,

To read the current TCP position :

pActual=here(tTool,fFrame) where pActual is a PointRx, tTool the your Tcp and fFrame the target frame.

To send the position, you need to add analogic board on the Ethercat module, declare it on J206 configuration, declare aio variable, and write the value :

nValue=aioSet(aoXVal,pActual.trsf.x), where nValue is a result num, aoXVal an aio.

To be sure that the value is correct (in range of the aio) you can control that nValue is egal to pActual.trsf.x).

• Hello Johnny su,

How can I create and Configure an EtheCat Master at J206 ?

With uniVAL plc the J206 IO interface is fixed.

uniVALplc server gives you the current tcp position in the variable of T_StaeubliRobot type that you must create in your PLC application.

The robot position is available in the member yourVariable_ofT_StaeubliRobot_type.Status.actualPosition.

Best regards.

• Exaclty, with uniVAL PLC you should have it already mapped. There is no need to program anything neither configure anything.

How can I create and Configure an EtheCat Master at J206 ? and how to send the current position of TCP to IPC?

The fieldbus with PLC is already configured but on J207/208, not on J206 (Only Master Ethercat) !

Advertising from our partners