Fanuc R-30iA Error

• Ok guys any help would be great. I'm working on this old robot and it used to be a purge controls paint robot but we wanted it to squirt glue on stuff. We have been threw a lot of problems with this guy so far. We we're getting so close to done we got the I/o done and the program then we put it in auto mode to test it out and it worked great just to add a couple more I/o and call it a day. Next thing you know the controller says "INTP-311 (uninitialized data)". So we did a reboot and then no Errors or anything click any of our files and then it crashes the tp or if we try to make a new file. The only odd thing is that you can still hit the Deadman switch and reset and it clears off the screen, but you can't do anything else and you are forded to do a shut down. :question_mark:

THANKS: Sbeve (Fyi robot still can jog with no problem if want pictures of anything let me know)

• I think you can get this error a few way, but the main time I encounter it is in TP programs trying to use PRs. If you try are doing anything with a PR it needs to be initialized, if you look at a PR and it has a * then it isn't initialized. If it has a "R" it has been initialized. All you need to do is shift record to initialize one, then change it to what you want.

If your using karel you can run into it there. The error is just telling you that you are trying to use something that isn't initialized, you may have to chase it through your code.

• It just gets leaves a blank screen I called Fanuc and they told me to kick rocks pretty much. I'm probably am just going to do a factory restart and try again I suppose I've seen no answers to this and just not run it in auto mode and use a LBL and a LBL Jump to loop the program (PDL Ill check when I go down there today what does it mean if it does or doesn't?) pdl

• I did a factory reset and it went away and I made the same program with I/O and it worked and the guy from Fanuc was telling me I couldn't use I/O because it was so old, But as another question is there anyway to make a Loop with out using LBL and Jump LBL because I do not see this option on my TP

• Hey HawkME I was wondering how you would make a program with this controller I'm just having it put glue around a circle as shown and I tried to do about half of a circle program and I couldn't get it to line up good with the CNT and I just have a lot of points.

• Use the circular motion command, C. Make sure your very first move to the start point of the circle is FINE and your end point is FINE. Make all other points in between CNT100. Make sure that there is no more than 180 degrees of motion between each point.

On a newer controller I would use the circular arc motion, A. But I don't think that is available on your controller.

• Thank you sir you are right ours's is to old ill program this today and keep you updated!

Thanks, Sbeve

Update: Used 3 points with one point for the C the middle point and used the 3 point of the end of my circle.

• It should come to a full stop at the beginning, then ramp up to speed, then ramp back down to a full stop at the end. Depending on your speed and size of the circle you may never reach full speed.

Advertising from our partners