Kuka KRC2 - Velocity / transmission errors

• Hello,

I have a problem with my Kuka KRC2 robot, during production it stopped, and the screen flooded with errors.

3046 Mastering was lost with reason code 0x1004

1161 Ackn. monitoring of the actual velocity A1-A6(all axis)

1207 Ackn. transmission error 1 DSE-RDW

Mastering all axis...

problem is also that these errors keep running on the teach pendant, continuously, that I cannot access any button on the pendant. Do you have any ideas ?

Thank you.

• hello,

I changed the RDC board, and all the alarms disappeared. I master the robot, test the program (dry run), and when I started the production I have the same errors, the robot stopped in the exact same place as the first time.

Does someone have any ideas about what can cause this? I believe that the RDC card is burned again, I have to order another one but I need to find the cause of this.

Thank you

• The only reason i can think of that another RDC would get damaged that way (and in more or less the same place) is that feedback cable for one or more axis is defective (punctured, worn out etc.). If the internal robot harness was not routed correctly (too tight, too loose, was rubbing on something foreign, etc.), it could get compromised and trigger failure.

for example if insulation was rubbed off exposing conductors, and then robot moves so that the sore spot (jacket abrasion) reaches something else, it would short and fail.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hello guys,

I changed the harness of cables between the motors and the RDC board and that fixed the problem. After the old harness was removed I noticed that one of the cables was rubbing on the protection metal sheet at the base of the robot. I used the same RDC board as before, so it was not burned.

Thank you very much for your support!

• i recall doing some preventive maintenance on couple of 2000 series robots (KR150 i think). Once the black skirt around the robot base was removed to lube the harness, i was amazed to see numerous foreign objects. There was more than 10 pretty large metal chunks (several taps, drill bits of different size, one huge bolt some 20mm in diameter and maybe 230mm long etc.) and whole bunch of smaller ones (self tapping screws, washers, ...). several of them including the head of the big bolt was stuck into side of the plastic tube protecting harness and were riding along with it when ever A1 would move. And that was metal junk found in just one of the robots.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners