Distance sensor to adjust drop height

• Hello Everyone I am trying to integrate a laser distance senor to automatically adjust/offset a drop point in the z axis, I found a sensor that can communicate via Ethernet/Ip to my krc4 KSS8.3.4 how do you get the sensor to communicate to the controller, and actually read the data sent from the sensor?

I already have the ethernet/ip package for our Allen Bradley PLC to communicate with the krc4 any tips or tricks to set up on work visual will be helpful.

• As with any industrial fieldbus, you need to configure it and also integrate the sensor. This means you need to:

1. make backup(s) before doing any change - at least an archive would be nice

2. get WorkVisual (WoV) installed on your computer

3. integrate into WoV any KOPs that may be found of robot D:\

4. activate project (in WoV)

5. expand bus structure of the project and if EthernetIP is not there, add it

6. get EDS for your sensor, integrate it into DTM catalog

7. add the sensor from DTM catalog into your project

8. check KLI IP address, your sensor will need to be configured to work in same address range

9. parametrize EIP bus and sensor in WoV as needed

10. map sensor IO to robot IO

11. save project as new file name

12. deploy and activate new project

13. if needed reboot robot

14. use the sensor value in your programs

Note, above process shows how the sensor integration would be done if robot is EIP master and has direct access/control of the sensor (sensor is slave). Other configurations are possible. Normally sensors are always slaves so PLC or KRC are acting as master. Also in case of connection between PLC and the robot, normally PLC is the master, while KRC is slave (i using CIP safety this is required).

Robot can act both as master to one device and at the same also act as slave to some other device.

Another option is to have the sensor integrated as EIP slave to PLC. In this case you would just need to transfer value from PLC to robot but in this case robot would not be able to use this sensor if PLC is down. Your call...

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners