Loadidentify movements

• Hello

I came across a problem where we've designed a tool that couldnt clear the movements when running loadidentify.

Now we need to do some redesigning, but to redesign i would like to know the degrees the robot moves during the service routine.

Biggest problem right now i Axis 5 movements.

Does anyone have knowledge of degrees an abb 6700 robot will make when doing loadidentify with a tool?

At the moment i have -10 degrees,

• At the moment i have -10 degrees,

I suppose you mean -10 degrees for axis 5. The movement for axis six can be limited, but not the others. Just so that you know, the robot does NOT have to be at all zeros for all axes to run the loadidentify. It only must have a starting position in which the flange is perpendicular to the floor. Many combinations of axis 2, 3 and 5 will satisfy that requirement.

• I suppose you mean -10 degrees for axis 5. The movement for axis six can be limited, but not the others. Just so that you know, the robot does NOT have to be at all zeros for all axes to run the loadidentify. It only must have a starting position in which the flange is perpendicular to the floor. Many combinations of axis 2, 3 and 5 will satisfy that requirement.

Oh really?

Is there any limitations that you know of? This might actually work. However, it probably requires axis 2 to be in a very negative position and 3 to be close to zero.

• Not really. There are times that I have had to squat the robot down and others where I had to make it stand quite tall in order to clear fixtures and what not. Just have to have axis 4 at zero and the faceplate perpendicular to the floor. And that it can make all the motions required, and you can limit axis 6 travel. Also, a bug in the program, which has existed for years, allows it to travel past the degrees specified, and even to the opposite of the sign that you specify a little bit. Axis 6, of course.

Advertising from our partners