Kuka CBS got broken

• Hi guys, I would request some opinion. We have two KR 180 3500 Ultra K, with KRC4, from 2018, both realizing identical operation (palettizing packs of metal cans, light weight), But, after about 4 years, both had their CBS got broken (pressure loss lead by oil leakage and bearings burst). Any advice? Is it normal by the time, or is there anything wrong?

• something is not right, CBS is supposed to last much longer. how long ago was oil leakage detected? was it maintained correctly? was it filled properly?

CBS could be drained for air transport and then of course refilled after the journey but since this is expensive, it does not happen often.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Thank you panic mode, as you'd said, it's supposed to last much longer, and it's what I want to confirm, and you did it. About your 3 questions, I'll investigate them, but I guess the answer is not. Soon I post them here

• Definitely odd. Just to check off the "usual suspects": is the Payload data set correctly? Is Payload switched correctly between the gripper-empty and gripper-full states?

Is there anything mounted to the robot arm (between A2 and A3, or between A3 and A4)?

Were there any errors or alarms leading up to the CBS failure? Particularly torque, current, or temperature messages relating to A2. Any noises from the CBS?

How much runtime have these robots accumulated? Have they been run 24/7 for 4 years?

How much range of A2 were these robots using?

• Thank you SkyeFire, your questions are big points to be analyzed. I'll raise these points e bring them back here. panic mode, the robot operator answered me that never did anything with those CBS, neither maintained or filled them. I'm just the guy who will try to clean up this mess (they are a customer mine). About oil leakage, was not noted till CBS got broken, in other words, they don't know when leakage started. Thanks all of you, and I'll keep you up

Advertising from our partners