ACS355 green power LED flashing, no screen, cannot connect via rs458

• Hi,

I have an ABB ACS355 (-01E-02A40-2) that I am trying to troubleshoot.

Giving the inverter power I get a flashing green power LED. I indent to use the Digital Inputs to control so I don't have a screen and am trying to connect using Drive Composer via USB-RS485, but it just says unable to connect.
    When looking at the documentation, (page 374) mentions a green flashing LED as the 'Drive in an alarm state' but there are no further mentions about what could have caused it. No other mentions of 'alarm state' in the text actually.

I'm new to these so any help would be appreciated! even simple obvious things to check.

Thankyou

ash

• Plenty of ACS-CP-x control panels on eBay, I would purchase one and use that. They're inexpensive and it will save you a lot of time.

FYI - this is the ABB ROBOT forum. Not the ideal place for drive questions.

• Plenty of ACS-CP-x control panels on eBay

That was the first thing I did, I just have to wait for it to circumnavigate the planet before I can try that. Hopefully won’t take a month.

I was just hoping for a nudge if I could get one.

FYI … ROBOT

Apologies, this was the most relevant place I could find when searching for ‘ABB Inverter Drive Forum.’

I figured there might be people with conveyor experience or similar that might help.

Advertising from our partners