Sop/uop error

• Hi All,

I'm new here but I am have been dealing with this issues for a about a year and no body has any clue on how to fix it. Our Robot is an R-J3. It is an intermittent issue come up for a day or so then gone for months. The issues is when our robot runs we get a Syst 034 error. Which is HOLD siginal from SOP/UOP is lost. I have talked to techs at Fanuc and been told its a PLC issue and from my PLC guys that its a Robot issue. Any advice or ideas of where to start would help. We have replaced the teach pendant and the cord that feeds it. had the issues with the old and the new. no rhyme or reason to why it shows up when it does.

Thanks,

Vic

• If you have UOP's enabled, and are getting them from a PLC, it is either a PLC communication or programming issue.

We have 2 robots that are exactly the same. From that comment it sounds like we should be looking at the direct line from the robot to the plc? I am asking because we have tried a few things but it shows up for a bit then goes away for a longer period. Or based off of that should we be looking at the programing?

• What is the connecton between the robot and PLC?

If it is a network, what communication protocol?

Not too sure I believe its older data cable as our plc is older. we have made small upgrades over the years and we have a lot of time lost with new equiptment talking to our older plc. Not long but our old stuff would react almost instantly vs the new stuff has a slight delay. Unfortunatly I am not as well versed with a lot of the terms.

Advertising from our partners