Files lost in RobotStudio

• Hi,

Ok, I know this is a long shot. I have been working on a robot program in RobotStudio for a while now. So far everything has been done in the virtual environment. Today I wanted to do a warm-start, but must have mis-clicked and performed an I-start. When the virtual robot controller booted up again, all the files were lost. Is there any way to recover them, or do I have to start over? (that's my guess).

Im trying Windows File recovery, but I have not found anything so far.

Thanks in advance!

/RoboticsMan

• I've had this problem a lot -- something causes the Virtual Controller to go into SysFail, and all my RAPID and configurations get wiped out.

I got into the habit of making Pack&Go backups regularly, along with making "normal" backups of the virtual robot even more regularly.

• No, unfortunately there was no backup. In the end I was able to write all of the code again in about 3 days. It sucks to have to do that, but at least it was not close to a deadline.

One of my colleagues accidentally did an I-Start on a robot running on a production line at a car factory. Fortunately they were able to get it back up and running with a backup, but it is really horrible user interface design, that there isn't more of a warning when doing I-Start. I think I will contact ABB and ask them to improve this.

Advertising from our partners