KRC2 Location of digital output value in DeviceNet

• Hi,

I am having trouble changing the value of digital I/O 5 & 6.

Spec:

KRC2 Controller

KR5-2 Arm + 1 external axis (MGU 3100-118,5)

System version :KS V5.6.58 RTAcc (2013 release)

Windows 5.1.2600 XP

Wago 750-346 Fieldbus coupler (DeviceNet) connected to MFC card (I dont believe there is a DeviceNet card installed)

I have been tasked with fixing an error in one of our modules that came about when we updated the work surface on our (coupled) external axis.
    The Module runs two sub programs, rotating the external table 180 degrees after each program completes.
    We recently upgraded the work surface for our welding robot to a Bluco table (very cool). Unfortunately the bolt pattern on the external axis didn't exactly square up with the pre-determined O & 180 degree mark. As such, the new "A" and "B" sides are "A" side = {E1 6} and "B" side = {E1 186}, 6 degrees advanced from the original.
    This issue this produced, is that the original integrator wired two LED lights to an external pendant that light up when side A or B is facing the robot. Those LED's are digital Output 5 and 6 (photo1).

The module (photo 2, photo 3) that is used to rotate the table and run the programs has a hold point in the beginning that calls for "Side_At_Robot==1" (Output #5), which is no longer the correct table position and thus stalls the program (goes to HALT).
    I pulled up DevNet in IOSYS.IN (Photo4), but I cant find anyway to adjust the value for the output.
    I unfortunately don't have any formal training with this robot, so everything I've gotten so far is from combing through the manuals.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• DevonAnvil

Changed the title of the thread from “KCR2 Location of digital output value in DeviceNet” to “KRC2 Location of digital output value in DeviceNet”.
  • Post actual code, not poor photos of pendant screen.

This likely has nothing to do with DeviceNet. You need to find what code is setting the SIDE_AT_ROBOT integer variable.

Best method: make an Archive of the robot, unzip it, run a text search using BareGrep, WinGrep, or some similar tool. Find all instances of SIDE_AT_ROBOT.

My guess is that something in your SPS is checking $AXIS_ACT.E1 and setting SIDE_AT_ROBOT (and $OUT5 or 6) when the E1 axis is within a particular +/- range.

• Unfortunately the bolt pattern on the external axis didn't exactly square up with the pre-determined O & 180 degree mark. As such, the new "A" and "B" sides are "A" side = {E1 6} and "B" side = {E1 186}, 6 degrees advanced from the original.

So why not adjust MAMES[7] by +/-6 degrees and remaster E1 axis? then you should get 0 and 180deg as expected and no program or wiring will need to change.

if that is not an option, collect fresh archive of that robot, extract it into a folder on your computer then use some sort of grep tool (Agent Ransack for example) to search for the variable. if somehow you like command line, you can use findstr which is already part of Windows.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Thank you Panic Mode & SkyeFire!

Tracing $AXIS_ACT.E1 in Ransack to the SPS was exactly what I was looking for. I adjusted the range of the outputs to reflect the new position.

Panic Mode,
    I had originally intended to Re-master the axis, however I was told we don't currently have the proper mastering gauge to do it properly. I will plan on ordering and correcting this asap.

As far as compensation goes, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.
    Best,

Advertising from our partners