XFB04 Board

• Here's what is going on. We are setting up an old ES165N robot with a NX100 controller offline for testing new hand designs before implementation. The problem I am having is that the controller has an XFB04 board installed but it is not connected to any outside devices and is causing a communication error (I/O Module) subcode 6. How do I remove the I/O module so that this error doesn't occur or is there a way to make a jumper of the CC-Link connector so that it doesn't create an error condition? I have tried booting up into maintenance mode and modifying it, but it doesn't allow me to change it.

• Disconnect/remove the XFB board. Go into Maintenance mode. Management security level. System, Setup, Io Module. You should not see the board in the list of stations since it was removed. Press Enter until you get the box that says “Modify”, go to Yes.

Sounds like you were doing everything right except you have to remove power from the board. The controller can’t see it in the IO Module screen.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

Advertising from our partners