I variable to PLC (OMRON CJ2)

• Hi there,

I did some searches and a lot of reading but did not really find what I'm looking for. I have a GP180 with a YRC 180 doing a palletizing job. I000 holds the variable for the stacking location of 0-35. I want to be able to display that variable on an hmi screen and change. Either directly or with up/down buttons. I have Ethernet/ip comms with the Omron CJ2 plc that runs the machine that the robot is tending. I was hoping that in the ladder of the robot I would be able to move the I variable to bits that I could then read at the PLC. It doesnt really seem thats an option though, anyone have any thoughts as how I would go about doing this. I have tried to call Motoman on this as well, seems like they are quite busy?

• A few options:

I would rewrite the program to be based on a Byte variable. The value of 0-35 is overkill on an Integer. You can then use DOUT OG#( ) Byte variable address to send to the plc. You could use the DIN Byte variable address IG#( ). Much cleaner.

You could also use the GETREG and SETTEG instruction to read and write from the ladder. Somewhat clean but a combination of the robot job and ladder.

You could also use IGU and OGU like the first idea above but would have to rewrite using a D variable address.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• "95devils" explain about its method, if your robot have active Ethernet IP and your Omron PLC have Ethernet IP port (CPU32 and 33 have), you can send data after use up method, with this work your output on the robot will be free to other use and you send data on the network.

Other method is use Modbus TCP function on the robot, with is you can send all variables and in/out of robot, but both method need some function active and i don't know your robot have or not.

Advertising from our partners