YASNAC MRC ENCM-RM 6016

• Hi all!,

Is this controller program area memory backed up by batteries? or is it a long lasting EPROM/ROM memory type so programs won't ever get lost?
    Thanks in advance. :smiling_face:

• Memory on all controllers is backed up by a battery, including YRC. Battery dies and capacitor discharges programs go away.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Memory on all controllers is backed up by a battery, including YRC. Battery dies and capacitor discharges programs go away.

Thanks for that, but I thought memory on the CF card inside the CPU could retain memory for ever, pretty much like a usb drive.

• The CF or SD, depending on generation, contains the operating system. When a battery dies and the cap discharges you loose everything you did, jobs, tool data, naming, calibration, application, hardware, etc. The os is all that remains. That is why you have to reload the cmos.bin or re-initialize.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

Advertising from our partners