KRC4 SYS-48 error help

• Hello everyone,

i am fighting with a robot from VW factory, bought by a friend and i really feel lost :frowning_face:

Here is the data:

KR210 R3100 Ultra
    KRC4 KSS 8.2.28 HF5
    the robot was without safety system - no X11, Profisafe used i suppose.

As the original software wont allow administrator login, i had to use image of another robot with standard safety - X11

I cleared up as much i can in WOV, installed Profinet 8.2 and and S7 1200 (safety version) so now we have safety working.

The problem i have currently is this error flashing:

<SYS-X48> Ethercat bus error
    Safe device communication error

Safety stop

Under SYS-X48 i dont have anything installed

I even removed the SYS-48 bus from the project but the error on the robot was still there.

Any idea how to proceed?

Another strange thing i noticed - when i changed the robot in WV - i had to remove the one from the project (model KR180 R2500) - so after i uploaded the new WV config, the robot model on the real robot wasn't changed - instead of KR210 R3100 it was still KR180 R2500. I had to change the machined.dat manually ... any idea why that happened, just curious?

May be on the old version of KSS we need to do part of the work manually?

Best!

V

• A little update - we managed to solve the Safety stop error - it needed to be attached to an input.

The PLC is working without errors - all green.

Any info about the flashing SYS-X48 error is highly appreciated, as we can't move the robot :frowning_face: without solving it...

• a little bit more progress: i added a SION CIB to the X48 and now the error is not there, we have clear screen.
    But we are unable to move the robot :frowning_face: i suppose there are settings connected with the deadman switch on the KCP as it like not working at the moment when you press it - nothing happens.

Any idea?

• why don't you compare this project with original one that was working before? don't have old project to check but CCU board includes safety node that should appear on X48 bus. This is where X311 jumper or X11 enabling switch connect to.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• why don't you compare this project with original one that was working before? don't have old project to check but CCU board includes safety node that should appear on X48 bus. This is where X311 jumper or X11 enabling switch connect to.

Thanks!

I already added this node - X48-> SION CIB and the error now is gone.
    The problem we have now is that the deadman switch is like not working...
    There is no working project with this robot - the original HDD wont allow me to login as administrator so i cannot see even the network - it is very limited interface.
    The WoV projects inside are without a robot, just cabinet.
    I am not sure if the robot was originally with this cabinet :frowning_face:
    The HDD image i installed was working on the original machine, but with safety X11 interface :frowning_face:
    I really feel lost with this KCP unable to move the robot in anyway.
    May be we need to setup something in ProfiSafe settings?
    Or may be specific settings for the Auth Ext?

Thank you for replying!

• The problem we have now is that the deadman switch is like not working...

without safety interface, robot cannot move. you must know what your robot safety interface is and safety configuration with that interface must be activated.

normally when things are ok, you only see the HMI on smartPad

when no safety interface is defined, gray banner is shown.

if safety interface is defined but not working, red banner is shown.

gray banner is a bigger problem for rookies because robot is practically dead - one cannot even use Startup mode to move the robot.

compared to that, red banner is a good news. One can at least jog in startup mode. just need to unplug cable between robot and PLC (or unplug X11) and you can move the robot.

the red banner is what you should see if using profiSafe but PLC is not connected or safety task in PLC is not running.

There is no working project with this robot - the original HDD wont allow me to login as administrator so i cannot see even the network - it is very limited interface.

Sorry to be frank but that is a lame excuse.

One can collect any form of backup without knowing user credentials:

1. WoV project

2. Archive

3. KRCDiag

4. HDD image

all of this could be done before overwriting HDD with a wrong image.

The WoV projects inside are without a robot, just cabinet.

You need to know the system enough to make proper modifications and KSS8.2 is a different animal...

One of the characteristics is that it does not need to have robot defined in WoV project. if something is not defined in working project, KSS will "look over the fence" and borrow missing parts from the Base project. Since you dumped on hdd image from a different robot, your base project is wrong for this system. The proper way is to have WoV project complete so KSS does not need to look elsewhere and of course Base project need to be correct.

The HDD image i installed was working on the original machine, but with safety X11 interface :frowning_face:
    I really feel lost with this KCP unable to move the robot in anyway.
    May be we need to setup something in ProfiSafe settings?
    Or may be specific settings for the Auth Ext?

Thank you for replying!

one should never dump image of one robot to hdd of another. and regardless in what shape the current controller is (even not working), one should always make backup image before making changes. you should have simply have passwords reset and be done but.. you decided to use carnage approach. actions have consequences...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• You are right, hard to say otherwise :smiling_face:

I didn't erase the original HDD - it is still here, with a ghost copy.

I just used a blank HDD and insert the image on it (from the other robot)

So i have the original HDD but the information on it is hard to use as it was using unknown PLC in the VW factory.

Meanwhile, we are moving a bit forward - no errors on the screen, robot is moving fine.

When trying to move it in AUT the I cannot be activated :loudly_crying_face:

There are some errors appearing and gone and coming back again which i think are caused by the safety plc

I will write back with more info!

Thank you for the feedback it is really helping!

BTW - where can i get the document you posted above?

Best!

• what document?

With the description of the safety inputs and outputs - i suppose that is the profisafe pdf?

At the moment we have it working fine in AUT mode, but from time to time - cannot get exact interval as it is between 3 and 30 mins we have message Ackn: Reply from safety node or drive wrong

Any idea?

• With the description of the safety inputs and outputs - i suppose that is the profisafe pdf?

SafeOperation manual...check key manuals in pinned topic READ FIRST...

Well, after some time working fine, the robot stops with this message:
    Ackn: Reply from safety node or drive wrong

tells me nothing. post screenshot or at least exact message text including message number.

please read pinned topic READ FIRST...

3) read 1 and 2

• so you only mentioned one of three messages and then somehow also chose to only report one that is in the middle of bunch, instead of one that that occurred first.

you REALLY need to read pinned topic READ FIRST more carefully... actually i do not think you ever even glossed over it.

anyway:

1. since recent messages are shown on top, the oldest ones are at the bottom of the list. so the first message shown is 15073.

2. you can check help on the messages. red icon is for ack. messages, they are normally shown AFTER problem is resolved and original message (with yellow exclamation point) is no longer shown.

so this is what detailed message info may look like (as seen on newer KSS)

on older KSS you may have to go to message logbook to see the exact order of messages that are no longer shown.

Anyway, this points at message 15074:

so most likely cause is defective KPP/KSP. this does not necessarily mean that hardware of the KPP/KSP is defective. maybe it just needs firmware upgrade. at any rate this points at incompatibility between KSS and drivepacks (KPP/KSP). to resolve this, you need to generate fresh KRCDiag right after the problem occurs, then send it to KUKA.

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners