ERROR (-1418) Amp main circuit voltage in power block A - in AD Kawasaki control

• No, doesn't make any sense at all.

To be honest, your whole approach to troubleshooting doesn't make any sense either.

Reading this entire thread just pickles my mind now.

Your initial problem reported in your first post, does not include any logical troubleshooting steps relative to error code (-1418).

You found a 'wire defect' for 1AE board - which seemed plausible and possibly related to the error code (-1418).

Since then you are replacing things (just like here in the UK is swapping prime ministers) for the sakes of swapping things and not troubleshooting the problem and now other problems have been introduced too.

When was the last time both 9ZA and encoder battery assemblies replaced?

When was the last time the full system was re-initialized and a backup reloaded?

How many more wire defects could you have introduced with all the in and out of the boards?

If it's now working, leave it the hell alone and look into replacing the controller and arm.

Kawasaki do boast longevity, but surely you/your boss must realise that nothing is forever.... :dead:

Who knows what gives now.............. :away:

• Good morning

issue of -1418 is solved.

This problem at start-up, after 8 hours at a standstill, appeared shortly thereafter.

My mistake may have been to continue with the same thread.

The 9ZA barter was changed in 2020.

I have also changed for another 9ZA and re-initialized the whole system.

I have loaded a full back up, prior to the problem, several times.

What sense does it make that with switch 8 on SW3 of the 9ZA set to ON everything works fine?

The system does not re-initialize it because I answer NO when it asks for confirmation, but after all works fine.

Has this ever happened to you?

What could be the reason?

Regards

• No mention of new batteries or condition of batteries then.................

No mention of ensuring installed software is the same as it was originally in terms or AS and SV.

What sense does it make that with switch 8 on SW3 of the 9ZA set to ON everything works fine?

No sense at all.............

• With switch 8 of 9ZA in ON, the JS30 works normally.

We have changed the boards step by step with sense, but we coundn't find where the damage is.

We are keeping the switch 8 ON, waiting other clues appear.

I don't understand sense also.

Best regards

• No mention of new batteries or condition of batteries then.................

No mention of ensuring installed software is the same as it was originally in terms or AS and SV.

Still no reply to this then................. :pfeif:

With switch 8 of 9ZA in ON, the JS30 works normally.

Just leave it on then, as it's working then you can sleep well.......... :sleep:

You could try cleaning ALL the SWx contacts with some switch cleaner and compressed air, cycle all the switches on/off a few times and see if anything changes then, if you really want to do something.

• Good afternoon,

sorry I didn't answer you two question:

- I checked bateries in 9ZA and they are right. I measured 3.6V tried with two different bateries kit. The same wit baterires in 9GZ in the base of the arm.

- The softwsre in roms 9ZA is release 12C005-46 JS-E. These are the roms I received with the robot. It was a second hand robot, but we have worked fine until now. When you say "in therm of AS and SV". Are you speaking about these rooms? AS is include here, isn't it? The chips in servo board 1AE has the release 1AE 0262 (please see attached pictures).

Could be a 9ZA worng software in my unit?

Would be possible to confirm the right software for my unit?

Best regards

• To be blunt, I am bored and doing a lot of face palming now.............. :blabla:

The OEM knows more about their equipment than you or I as they designed it.

The OEM provides specific replacement procedures for a reason, not just random notes some boffin has scribbled on the back of a cigarette packet.

If you chose not to read/follow them and apply your own methods, then how do you know you have not introduced these issues yourself.

This thread/issue has evolved from one problem to the next.

If you have followed the exchange procedures regarding 9ZA and 1AE/1GE, then the same software and hardware configurations should be the same as the original robot.

If you haven't followed the exchange procedures, then your replacement boards may be different than the original robot - hence, you may have introduced issues.

Not all 9ZA and 1AE and 1GE boards are the same, they have specific software and hardware configurations applicable to the robot model and application they were supplied with.

Asking me what should be installed on a robot that was manufactured/supplied back in the 90's is pointless.

Therefore, exchange procedures must be followed to prevent introducing issues.

It is very simple:

- Make replacement board(s) exactly the same as original boards.

- EEprom swap where stipulated by exchange procedure.

- ALL switch and jumper settings the same.

- ALL additional sub boards mounted to be the same.

- DO NOT ASSUME A REPLACEMENT BOARD IS EXACTLY THE SAME WITHOUT CHECKING ABOVE.

Personally, if I had a full set of known good spares and harnesses and allowed the time, I would:

- Put the robot back to the exactly the same state it was before these problem(s) occurred.

- Start troubleshooting it again, following the recommended procedures.

But as the system - you say is now working.........................leave it alone.......... :away:

Advertising from our partners