ERROR (-1418) Amp main circuit voltage in power block A - in AD Kawasaki control

• Good afternon,

we are working with a KAWASAKI AD CONTROLLER with a JS30 ROBOT,

from two days ago, we get this error code (-1418) AMP MAIN CIRCUITE VOLTAGE OF POWER BLOCK A.

If we reset the RED error light, the error desapears and we can work, but we get againg it in short time.

Someone knows this error mensage?

Which could be the origin?

Manual says that it is a specific error from AD KAWASAKI controls due to principal circuit of servo amplifier is out of range (50-400 VDC).

We get the error always during operation, and the manual speak about the regenerative resistance.

Where the resistance regenerative in AD controllers?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards

José

• The error is reporting that the DC voltage supply used for amplifier section is either too high or too low.

During motion, this DC bus will fluctuate dependent on speeds and inertias.

The regeneration resistor is used to 'dump' any back emf current to the resistor to ensure the DC bus voltage does not exceed dangerous levels.

If the power transistor that controls or the resistor fails, then usually this error is produced.

If you have intermittent faults, then I would be looking somewhere else:

- Check the incoming supply to the robot is 3 balanced phases.

- Is this problem occurring around the same position, if so, slow it down, does it improve?

- Can you replicate the fault in teach mode, if so, does it occur anywhere or at same position.

- Have you a spare power blocks, regeneration resistors to replace.

• Thanks for your answer,

we have change the power block A, but the error has appeared again!.

It has happened when pushing one security stop when the robot is moving with high speed.

We never have changes the resistor. Where they are?

If I remove the power block, the resistors are placed on the back of the door?

Do you know the specification for those resistors?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

• Do you know the specification for those resistors?

No idea sorry, most assemblies have a value stipulated on them......have you looked?

What AD Controller is it?

- power block B is the usual one that contains regen resistor control transistor, not power block A

• ERROR apears in POWER BLOCK A according with mesage.

Then there are not resistors conectect!.

I've read in Electrical Manteniance book and regarding ABNORMAL P-N VOLTAGE DETECTION CIRCUIT:

The voltage in the P-N line is monitored by a comparator circuit located on the 1DD

board. If the voltage in the circuit drops below 50 VDC or exceeds 400 VDC for one (1)

second, the circuit opens causing relay RY7 on the 1BP board to drop out. When RY7

drops out, the LED labeled LD1 HV turns ON and the normally open RY7 contacts

open. The RY7 normally open contact provides a path for ground for the motor power,

brake, and servo ON processing circuit located on the 1AE board. When ground is

removed from this circuit, the motor power and brake signal that is normally supplied to

the 1BP board from the 1AE is disabled. This turns motor power off and removes 24

VDC brake coil voltage which engages the brakes. In addition, error code 1418 (Amp

main circuit voltage of power block is abnormal) is displayed.

I don't know what os the 1DD board, to try to repace.

Do you know if 1DD will be in the power block board?

Where it can be?

Best regards

José

• Please answer my questions, I am not there, I cannot see what you are seeing............ ???

1. Controller version - Full model no.

2. Have you checked incoming supplies to controller are correct and balanced.

3. Does problem occur in same part of process and program.

4. Does problem occur during motion or at start of motion.

5. Have you tried slowing robot speed down to see if error still occurs.

6. Can you repeat error using teach mode and manually moving robot.

7. Can you provide small video showing occurrence when it happens.

8. Can you provide any pictures of controller with door open.

• Good morning,

I did,t answer you because following your indications, we found a wire defect in the connector with the servo board 1AE.

We are working from last Thursday evening without issued.

Bellow I'm answering your question:

1. Controller version - Full model no.

CONTROL A83

ROBOT DATA - JS030F-A004_321

SOFTWARE VERSION 12C005-46E

SERVO VERSION 0262=3DJ3A4

2. Have you checked incoming supplies to controller are correct and balanced.

YES. IT'S RIGHT

3. Does problem occur in same part of process and program.

YES AT BEGINNING, AND WE TRIED TO REDUCE SPEED WITHOUT RESULT AND AFTER IN DIFFERENT PARTS

4. Does problem occur during motion or at start of motion.

DURING MOTION

5. Have you tried slowing robot speed down to see if error still occurs.

YES, i WROTE IN POINT 3

6. Can you repeat error using teach mode and manually moving robot.

NEVER IN TEACH MODE OR MANUAL MOVEMENT

7. Can you provide small video showing occurrence when it happens.

8. Can you provide any pictures of controller with door open.

ATTACHED

I are continuing in production, I'll keep you informed if the wire defect is confirmed.

Thanks a lot

• we found a wire defect in the connector with the servo board 1AE.

If there was a wire defect, then it is plausible this was creating the problem, time till tell.......... :top:

Thank you for reporting back your findings.

• Hi good morning,

the defect was the wires , because the issue has appears again.

But know we have the issue concentrated all the morning since my last contact with you.

The secuence is:

1.- SWITCH ON THE ROBOT

2.- MOTOR POWER - no errors

3.- EXECUTION SAMPLE PROGRAM - CYCLE START BEGIN

4.- THE ROBOT BEGING TO MOVE SOMETIMES "BY STROKES" AND SOMETIME A BIG SPEED IN AXEL 2,

AND AFTER AN "POSITION ENVELOP OF JTX" APPEARS

5.- SWITCH OFF THE ROBOT TWO OR THREE TIMES AND START TO MOVE FINE.

6.- DURING TWO SWIFTS WORKS WITHOUT ERRORS, 16 HOURS. BUT IN THE FOLLOWING DAY, 8 HOURS AFTER. THE ISSUE APPEARS AGAIN.

I don't know is this issue could be relation with the power block error.

But we have change

1 - SERVO BOARD

2 - POWER SUPPLY AVR (+24 vdc)

3 - TARJETA 1DP (

4 - GENERAL SWITCH ON/OFF

5 - DIODES over CONTACTORS K4-K5-K6-K7

6 - CPU BOARD 9ZA

7 - POWER SUPPLY +/- 5v IN THE SLOTS

Now I'm monitoring the contactors "K"; in TEACH mode never we had this issue and move fine.

When push MOTOR POWER button the contactors K1 y K3 switch ON, and also K7 when CYCLE start begins.

By other hand K4, K5 and K6 swith ON with MOTOR POWER button, but K6 is switch OFF in TEACH MODE.

What could be in your opinion? Could be a contactores the origin? CPU board?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards

• No idea what you are saying or why you are going that in depth.

The error code suggests there is a difference between where the robot thinks the JTxx should be and where the encoder is reporting it is.

Usually this is due to 'something' preventing the motor from getting to the correct position, like the brake is not fully releasing on the motor, so that's what I would check and of course, could be the gearbox with a 'flat spot' in it.

• Good morning,

in this point we think the gear box is not the origin, because this affect at several axes and when swith on the cabinet or motors.

With your sugestion we are gping to check the diode brige DB1 (+24VDC) witch supplies power to 1BP broad brake control.

Thanks again I'll retunr to you.

Best regards

Jose

• Well you never stipulated this was attributed to all joints.

If you have brake release buttons, you can individually test each brake, but be mindful of gravity exerting on joints which could fall when the brake is released, so put arrest measures in place before hand.

If no brake release buttons are available, then use JOINT mode in teach, and try and test all individual joints.

If ALL of the joints generate the error and cannot move, then yes, it is down to a common supply issue.

Testing at 'slow' speeds is recommended as faster speeds could drive through an aged/worn brake.

• Good afetrnoon,

When it happens, and one motor is moving in jumps, if I switch to MODE TEACH, I can move the other motors in JOIN without any problems. But the axel with issue, moves junping also in TEACH mode.

It has happened in axels 6 and 3, several times in axel 6.

Then, If I swith of the general power and swith on again all motors move well.

Best regards

• Sorry, what you are saying makes no sense.

When it happens, and one motor is moving in jumps

When what happens?

What do you mean, moving in jumps?

Then, If I swith of the general power and swith on again all motors move well.

Obviously not, as you are experiencing a problem..............

Please try and be clear with what you are writing, if you cannot explain, provide some video clip showing problem and error code produced.

• Hi good afternoon, sorry for my confuse explication.

Let me explain again.

Always at the first time in the morning , we execute a simple program to move all axis and heating the grease.

The problem we have is robot-forum.com/attachment/35892/some axis (number 6, number 3 or today numbre 2) move with strikes (sorry to said jumping) with shorts movements and then produce the error:

(-1504) POSITION ENVELOP JT3

(-1503) SPEDD ERROR JT2

(-1500) JT2 OVERLOAD

Just to get the error, we pass to TEACH MODE and try to move the axis, but it does not move.

Neither JT2 nor anyone.

I'm attaching the screems today 11-02, also i'm sending you a video when the robot try to move (sp 5%), and the stroke you can see, just before the error appears.

When this happen we switch off the cabinet and switch on again. The second time we had a stange very quick movement of JT2 (see video), this has happend today and days before. Then we could move in TEACH MODE the JT2 to marks. Swith off and swith on the cabinet again (4 times) and all worked fine.

This happens in first time in the morning, and later, we are working two swifts witout any issue.

Once it gets moving, it works well all day long.

From the last two weeks we have changed:

1 - SERVO BOARD

2 - POWER SUPPLY AVR (+24 vdc)

3 - BOARD 1DP

4 - GENERAL SWITCH ON/OFF

5 - DIODES OVER CONTACTORS K4-K5-K6-K7

6 - CPU BOARD 9ZA

7 - POWER SUPPLY +/- 5v IN THE SLOTS

Any change, the issue continues.

I thought in the diodes brige for +24V for brakes, thinking about this could fail just in starting.

It isn't easy to check the didoes bridge becuase the terminal are welding and protected.

Thanks for your time, I don't know if this explication have sense for you.

Best regards

Jose

• WHAT THE HELL IS A STROKE MOVEMENT?

WHAT THE HELL IS A QUICK MOVEMENT SP5%?

Sounds like you're masturbating to me................. :pfeif:

You do not make sense with your posts.

Your posts are difficult to understand and follow.

The videos show nothing of relevance, except a rough sounding JT2 gearbox.

No video showing moving/testing all joints in teach mode.

You are not troubleshooting the problem, you are randomly swapping boards and hoping one of them will fix the all the problems and gradually, you are introducing more problems.......

So what does this tell you, what you have done appears to have made things worse....................

Unless you can return the robot to the same shit state it was, you are now effectively troubleshooting more than one fault:

Speed errors are usually encoder.

Positional envelope errors are usually motor brakes.

Overloads are usually power blocks or motors or gearboxes.

If you have not changed any of the robot side components, then the various boards you have been trying have introduced further problems.

The other side (robot side) may also be faulty - JT2 gearbox sounds like a box of frogs to me, but saying that, I have never heard it when it was working.

• Sorry for my poor explanation of the problem.

After the card changes indicated above, one by one we see that the problem is not solved.

But we have managed to eliminate the error in the axes with the switch 8 of SW3 on the 9ZA board ON.

I mean, asking it to initialize the system, but answering NO (0) when it asks for confirmation at startup.

In this way, with switch 8 ON, everything works perfectly!

What can be the reason? How is the process with switch 8 ON, even if you answer NO (0) to the confirmation request to initialize the card?

Does it prevent a communication between the 9ZA and the 9ZG of the robot?

The 9ZG does not give any battery or performance errors, but could it be that it is not backing up the zeros properly?

Switch 8 may be a clue to find the source of the problem?

Best regards

Advertising from our partners