Configuring Ethernet port 8193 for remote screen display R30iB

• configuring Focus on a R30iB

I'm a expert on the F CNCs but novice on the robot. We are using the Fanuc CNC screen display on a PC outside of the cell to access the CNCs. Was told it will also display the robot screen but having a hard time figuring how to configure the ethernet/Focas. To use the Focas2 data one must configure the IP address port to 8193. I am not finding where to set the port# nor able to find Info/documentation on setting up the robot to use Focas2. R31iB with two ethernet ports.

Thanks in advance

Burke

• Thank Hawk,

Not following about web page. The remote screen display I am talking about just mirrors the main display to a pc display. We use a big screen to display all three CNCs in the cell where as the operator can make offset and view the display outside of the cell. Fanuc said the software would also display the Robot display.

To make this work on the CNC was simple, Just set the IP and the Port # on Focas2 which is in the imbedded ethernet setting. - see two screen shots below

So my question comes back to how to set up Focus2 on the robot control. sorry for bringing CNCN stuff to the robo forum.

Thanks

Burke

• I've never heard of Focas before. I don't believe that means anything in the robot world.

Can you post a picture of what robot display you are trying to show? There isn't really such thing as a main robot display. There is the web server home page and also the Teach Pendant which has many different screens.

• The Teach pendent displayed remotely. I will make sure Focas2 libraries are available on the robot controller. CNC division said they were.

more about FOCAS here

How to Use Fanuc FOCAS to Collect Machine Data
    FOCAS is an Ethernet or HSSB-based proprietary protocol developed by Fanuc. Software applications can access Fanuc Control data using the FOCAS Library.
    www.machinemetrics.com

I believe I'm looking for I-pendent type of connectivity. FYI FOCAS allows me to access almost everything in a Fanuc control via 3rd party.

One big company with two totally different divisions

Burke

• OK got it now. I just want the web server page. I believe I got it from here. Same thing I'm looking for but a different route.

Thank HawkME

Advertising from our partners