KRC4 - External use of the enabling switch on the teach pendant

• Hello everyone.

I need to use the 3 position enabling switch (dead man switch) on the teach pendant to enable external components command. Can anyone please confirm that enabling switch NO contacts are available for connection on -X11 on pins 41-42 (contact NO channel A) and 59-60 (contact NO channel B)? Dos this contacts operate with the enabling switch or are there further conditions under which they operate?

Thanks

• External enabling switch is an additional switch, not a replacement for one on teach pendant. To move anything (robot or external axis) all enabling switches would need to be pressed at the same time ...

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Thanks for the reply. My english is not very good and i wasn't clear in my first post.

My problem is the opposite: i need to enable movements in manual mode in two systems (the robot and an external machine with its own safety devices) with the same 3 position enabling switch on the robot flex pendant. When the enabling switch on the robot flex pendant is operated, the robot will be ready to move. I also need my separate machine to be enabled to move with that same operation. I was asking if anyone can confirm that i can use the following signals to do that:

-X11 pin 41-42: enabling switch NO contact (channel A)

-X11 pin 59-60: enabling switch NO contact (channel B)

these signals will be wired to the machine safety davices to enable the movements. are these clean contacts of the enabling switch?

Thanks

Advertising from our partners