Kuka robot position distortion

• Hello ,

I have a project with a lot of programs.

In this project, sometimes the robot is hit and the positions run away. I fix all the points by re-teaching. I need an easier and simpler method. I ask for your help.

• Do not hit the robot! Thats cruel. :face_with_tongue:

Are those hits unidentienal or by purpose because you want to achieve something. If latter waht are you trying to do?

Ever heard of CollissionDetection? Might be a direction for some cases.

Fubini

• I want to correct my deteriorated positions without teaching.

I want to correct my deteriorated positions without teaching.

• Well, i would advise to fix the problem that keeps your points from deteriorating. This should be simpler then reteaching all your points.

Else make a new base to refer your points to, and if something happens you only have to reteach the new base. (but i strongly advise that you fix your problem)

Every problem has a solution, that isn't the problem. The problem is the solution.

• Totally agree deteriorated positions as you call it is something a process should never generate. Reteaching the positions is a solution if something like this happens but not the problem. The problem should be solved. So again: What is the problem? Otherwise if all points refer to a common base of course the "error" can be compensated by shifting the base as Leon said.

Fubini

• Depending on how hard and where the robot was hit, maybe consider remastering the robot's axes to

Code
    I tried something like this. I introduced one base. I then simulated the points distorted by changing the angle of the flange. I bought a base again as it is. but when I play the program, the corrupted points are not fixed. what do you think is the reason? where am i doing wrong?
  • Totally agree deteriorated positions as you call it is something a process should never generate. Reteaching the positions is a solution if something like this happens but not the problem. The problem should be solved. So again: What is the problem? Otherwise if all points refer to a common base of course the "error" can be compensated by shifting the base as Leon said.

Fubini

Code
    I tried something like this. I introduced one base. I then simulated the points distorted by changing the angle of the flange. I bought a base again as it is. but when I play the program, the corrupted points are not fixed. what do you think is the reason? where am i doing wrong?
  • as everyone already suggested - make sure that robot does not collide with things. this causes severe stress on the robot arm and controller. both of them could be damaged by this even if it is not showing up as obvious damage. Often one collision is enough to create a problem, such as stretch the belts or strip the teeth...

this is no different than driving a car. do not hit anything (other cars, stationary objects, pedestrians...).

number of collisions is inversely proportional to skill and competence level of of the driver (or in this case programmer).

but if that happens you also need to find WHY points do not match any more... what exactly has moved?

maybe it is the robot axes. This requires arm inspection and mastering of the robot.

maybe it is the tooling. This requires repairing or remeasuring tooling

maybe it is the fixture that robot is reaching into. That requires remeasuring base associated with the fixture.

maybe the robot foot is not in the same place any more (support moved or robot slipped relative to support). Properly mounted robots are anchored securely to sturdy support and have locating pins to prevent slipping.

...etc. and maybe it is more than one thing...

when collisions cannot be avoided, they need to managed. this means using suitable strategy such has moving slowly, sensing situation, use collision detection, limit torque etc.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Code
    Please do not think of this as a collision. eg flange angle changed for some reason. How can I most easily arrange the previously taught points relative to the new flange.
    Code

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• Please do not think of this as a collision.

How Then should we think about this? The problem that are describing i would label as a serious problem with either your programming or your robot. The worst thing is you only seem to be interested in solving the symptoms and not the problem itself.

This way of thinking will get you nowhere and personally i don't really like to help in this way.

Every problem has a solution, that isn't the problem. The problem is the solution.

Advertising from our partners