Group Brake Error (Servo)/General Servo Error

• Robot: KR6 R700 sixx

Controller: KRC4 Smallsize

Hi,

Newbie here.

I have a Kuka Robot arm that goes into error (see image attached) when trying to setup the master positions. I have checked connection of power lead to robot and motor connections, all look ok, and cable has been tested as ok.

Could anyone help please?

Thanks,

• this seem to be using KSS8.2 or 8.3 so it is not a new system, this was running before.

this could be result of both hardware and software problem.

if it is a hardware, it could be poor connection somewhere or a defect in drives (KPP or KSP) etc.

if it is a software, then problem could be cleared by restoring good image (assuming you have KUKA USB Recovery stick and have collected good image before).

Note: One of the messages also tells that batteries are not connected. This is standard on any new products so that batteries do not get discharged while product is stored and waiting for sale (same goes for your TV remote etc.).

Then user is supposed to connect them as part of commissioning procedure. Since this is an older system, it is likely that that was done but batteries have failed. If it was never connected it is even worse, it means that this robot somehow endured many reboots without proper shutdown. Either way this shows neglect since battery message is clearly displayed...

KPC or KUKA PC is just a PC (industrial grade) and as such it uses storage (HDD/SSD). Without working batteries, every time you shut the system down some of the files are likely to get corrupted. Batteries provide backup power so KPC can close files gracefully and then turn itself off. But if that is not possible, open files will not close properly, or if KPC was saving the changes, they may only get partially written. And that is the problem. Sooner or later one ends up with a not working system. Usually that would be same people who did not bother to take proper backup while system was in working order.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners