Cycle start not available on controller

• If you have an image backup that doesn't have the comms error you may want to reload it. Only do so if you know that's a good image. You can also take another image now. It's good to be able to get back to a known state, in case you mess it up worse.

Comms error would be corrected in the appropriate IO setup menu and TcPip menu.

• If you have an image backup that doesn't have the comms error you may want to reload it. Only do so if you know that's a good image. You can also take another image now. It's good to be able to get back to a known state, in case you mess it up worse.

Comms error would be corrected in the appropriate IO setup menu and TcPip menu.

the comms issue is arising due to the inability to do a complete image backup. I tried to do the restore all in controlled start but only a few actually restored. All of my variables restored and half of mr programs. My Ethernet IPs did restore, but not my IO. it makes no sense to why only portions of the backup will work. I don’t know what to do at this point. Seems If I can get the Ethernet connection working with the PLC everything will be fine. I was able to create a simple box program and run it locally. The the same thing I’m trying to do with the PLC

• Do you have a backup if just the diocfgsv.io file? You could try loading just that, then cycle power.

Was your image taken from this exact robot? Did you try restoring it at a cold start from the file menu?

• Do you have a backup if just the diocfgsv.io file? You could try loading just that, then cycle power.

Was your image taken from this exact robot? Did you try restoring it at a cold start from the file menu?

I do have that file backed up. Will it work differently if I try and download it separately. I remember it vividly saying It could not restore the diocfgsv.io file

• Ethernet isn't a protocol, it is a connection method. Are you using the EthernetIP protocol?

You shouldn't need to be in a controlled start (though it should work in either controlled or cold start). Don't use the restore function, just load that individual file.

Then check the EthernetIP menu and make sure you have your PLC connection enabled and running.

• Ethernet isn't a protocol, it is a connection method. Are you using the EthernetIP protocol?

You shouldn't need to be in a controlled start (though it should work in either controlled or cold start). Don't use the restore function, just load that individual file.

Then check the EthernetIP menu and make sure you have your PLC connection enabled and running.

I was able to download the dsvcvfg.io file but when I rebooted it said digital IO not recovered. Still says connection with Ethernet module lost. I’m including pic of error and mr Ethernet list. Does it look correct? It said online not running. https://imgur.com/a/Dq6ziAQ https://imgur.com/a/QZU8vPa

Edited once, last by cat91345 ().

• Disable the connection first, I think that should be all you need to do to allow changes. You'll also want to check the instance, assembly, and I think there's one more thing but I haven't done it in a minute (size?). If you can get it running just by changing the number of words I think you'll be fine. You'll also need to configure the IO I'm guessing, do you have an excel sheet for mapping the PLC tags to the IO? If not, the PLC tags may indicate which robot IO they're supposed to be mapped to. Once you know which IO needs to be mapped and how, you'll need to set them up on Rack 89, slot 1. The start will depend on whether or not you only have digital IO mapped or if you have some UOP IO mapped as well. It's probably 1, but its impossible to say without knowing the intended mapping.

Do you have access to the manual for the controller you're working on, and for the ethernet Adapter option? I highly recommend reading through them (the IO portion for the controller manual specifically), or at least scanning through the main chapters. It helped me a lot.

• Disable the connection first, I think that should be all you need to do to allow changes. You'll also want to check the instance, assembly, and I think there's one more thing but I haven't done it in a minute (size?). If you can get it running just by changing the number of words I think you'll be fine. You'll also need to configure the IO I'm guessing, do you have an excel sheet for mapping the PLC tags to the IO? If not, the PLC tags may indicate which robot IO they're supposed to be mapped to. Once you know which IO needs to be mapped and how, you'll need to set them up on Rack 89, slot 1. The start will depend on whether or not you only have digital IO mapped or if you have some UOP IO mapped as well. It's probably 1, but its impossible to say without knowing the intended mapping.

Do you have access to the manual for the controller you're working on, and for the ethernet Adapter option? I highly recommend reading through them (the IO portion for the controller manual specifically), or at least scanning through the main chapters. It helped me a lot.

I have the dioscfvg.io page. I’m thinking I need to disable the Ethernet port before loading that file.

Advertising from our partners