Cycle start not available on controller

• We had a crash earlier. Techs could not get robot moving again and I was called. When I get here, robot has ok to start from PLC, But robot has no cycle start button, no green light. Nothing happens when I push it either. Anyone have any ideas ?

I don’t have 24 volts on x1 and x2. I took 24 from the power light and the cycle start lit up, but no didn’t start. I have 24 volts on c11 and NO14

Edited once, last by cat91345 ().

• What were the error messages/alarm codes?

That's the thing, there are no errors. I can ping everything also. Comms are solid. Just no cycle start. I plugged 24 volts into the cycle start button and it didn't blink, just solid green. I also have full control of the robot, just cannot start. When i cold start an error comes up INTP-311 (PMUTIL2, 382, uninitialized data). I didn't think this was important, it seems like it may be a bad PR somewhere. Although, i could not find that program in the controller.

• What is your start method? Can you show a screenshot of that page and your UO signals?

I created another problem while troubleshooting. I was checking voltage on the start button and I think my meter probe touched the panel. I saw a spark and the fan stopped. When it cycled power the pendent screen came up saying system waiting. So now I have 2 Problems. I have robot set at local, and my user output was on telling robot to pickup boxes. Here are some screenshots. https://imgur.com/a/GR9bDZ8

• There should be a set of LEDs inside the controller on the main board that you can use to diagnose since it isn't starting up. If you have access to the maintenance manual for the controller, it should tell you what the LEDs mean.

As for the cycle start, I know its basic, but did you check the IO config on the controller?

• There should be a set of LEDs inside the controller on the main board that you can use to diagnose since it isn't starting up. If you have access to the maintenance manual for the controller, it should tell you what the LEDs mean.

As for the cycle start, I know its basic, but did you check the IO config on the controller?

here are some screenshots. The second light is on on the board but you can’t see it in the pic. After shorting it out yesterday I got the estop board not found error. So now I have that and the start button not working https://imgur.com/a/ckFP9I0

• And this is why you don't post about the same problem in multiple threads.

As I asked in your other thread, what version of controller is this?

And to repeat what HawkME asked: What is your start method?

If you are using a PLC which you alluded to earlier, you may not be using the SOP at all.

• I’m using a r30-ib. I am trying to run from local start. When I power cycle, I get an initialized data error, program x, line 0. I can step through my programs just fine, but can’t get the cycle start. My plc is telling robot to pick. I can ping every device on the network.I remastered and recalibrated. Here is the error that comes up when power cycle https://imgur.com/a/a565hCy when I step through the program in teach the green cycle start button comes on.

• Try disabling hot start and reteaching the point on line 382.

Also see if UI signals are enabled in system config. They may need to be disabled.

I disabled hot start. I don’t have a program that has 382 lines in it. No matter what program I have selected, it always comes up line 0. https://imgur.com/a/a565hCy would reinitializing help this? i have allm programs backed up on roboguide

Just found out robot is trying to call a pallet tool program but I’m not using pallet tool. That’s what the pmutil2 is. I need figure out how to get it to stop calling that program

Edited 2 times, last by cat91345 ().

• Not sure how to do that but that looks like the cause. Try checking the setup menus or options in a controlled start.

I can’t find anything on it. I did an image back up and am going to try and restore everything but the programs. Unfortunately I had not done a image backup I just had all of my programs on roboguide. Is there anyway roboguide could help me with this ? I know I can create a clone of robot in roboguide but can I copy roboguide robot to real robot

• I am trying to avoid making a new thread, but i have a copy of my robot in roboguide i think will work if I can get that image to the real robot. how can I do that? if i can just get all the sys variable and io that is all i need

• You can't get an image from roboguide, only program files.

I am so screwed this robot isn't gonna be ready. I tried to download all of the files i could but none of the IO tranferred. So now it's saying i have ethernet module not available even though i can ping everything in the robot cell. Ever since I reinitialized the robot, by plc cant see it, i have a "lost comms with robot module", however i can ping every device from the robot, and i can see all devices from the PLC program. Is there some type of variable i am missing? all of my other variables restored. This comms loss is the same one that happens when you power cycle the robot, but it usually comes back once you hit reset.

• You do not want to load all of the files from a RoboGuide cell, even if the RoboGuide cell was made from a backup of the original robot.

Sysvars.sv for instance will be specific to the virtual robot. Loading that file from a virtual robot onto a real one is sure to screw up the real robot.

What backups of the real robot do you have? An old image plus a new "All of Above" should get you working.

It really seams like you are just loading any files you can come up with and praying that it will work. You need to slow down and be disciplined about this.

What backups do you have, and when were they made?

• I have all of the backup file but only a few of them successfully restored. I can’t do a total image backup because the part that makes the robot inoperable is in there. None of my IO would restore. So I tried to do it manually but that’s why I think I have lost my Ethernet connection.

Advertising from our partners