NX100 ES165N grinding noise

• Hey all,

Looking for some assistance here. currently have a NX100 ES165N we are refurbishing. on our known good test controller we have no issues running this robot and there are no unknown noises coming from it.

We have currently grabbed the matching controller for this robot and when we power it up we are getting a grinding noise coming from the R & the B axis motors when we try to move them. Currently we have tried replacing amplifiers, power supply, axa01a board, JZNC-NIF01 board, power supply contactor unit and the converter. with no success. I've looked into the x11,x21,x22 terminals ensuring there are no burn marks, loose wire and also cleaned the connectors.

would anybody happen to have any information that may help lead up in the correct direction?

Thank you

• Is the controller with the grinding noise initialized for the exact model of the robot, the exact dash number?

Thinking it is a different robot could cause the servos to hunt and peck.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Is the controller with the grinding noise initialized for the exact model of the robot, the exact dash number?

Thinking it is a different robot could cause the servos to hunt and peck.

Thank you for your response,

yes the controller was initialized for the exact model of the robot. we were hoping that would have fixed the issue but we were unsuccessful.

if we cant figure out soon we will end up calling motoman support and I'll post the findings when done.

• Issues are now resolved, after swapping out once again the R & B amplifiers as well as the wiring harness going from the AXA01 board to the amplifiers we are no longer receiving any more grinding noise from the motors/encoders.

Thank you

Advertising from our partners