CRX Plugin Error

• Attempting to create my first CRX plugin. I watched the webinar and read the docs. Trying to start with just a simple skeleton project to make sure I can even load a plugin. I get to the install screen with the IPL and get the following error:

Banner

FILE-021 End of file

Description Area

Error :

An error has occurred during Plugin installation.
    Please confirm in the Alarm screen.

The only thing I am even trying to load is a simple screen. No programs, not setting variables, etc.

HTML
    <!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
        <head>
            <title>Test</title>
        </head>

<body>
            <h1>TEST</h1>
        </body>
    </html>

Any help would be appreciated. Banging my head that such a simple thing can't even load.

Edited once, last by crblake ().

• So, the only time I played with CRX plugins was during the very early release, before they had an SDK for it, and everything had to be hand-coded and compiled. So a lot of this is probably outdated for a newer CRX. But for whatever it's worth, these are the notes I made for myself while I was trying to create my first "Hello World" type of CRX plugin:

• SkyeFire Did a quick read through, and it hasn't changed much. I don't see anything that jumps right out and tells me what I am doing wrong. Wish the error was a bit more insightful. EOF makes me thinks it's the htm output, but I don't get errors when I put it in an html validator. Looks like I'm still stuck.

• EOF... hm. I know that Windows and *nix use different EOL characters, I wonder if this could be related? I *think* that Fanucs use Unix-style.

HTML validators generally ignore the difference.

I dunno, just spitballing. I don't recall having this error when I was tinkering.

• SkyeFire Well you nailed it. I went back and ensured that there was 1 empty line at the end of each file. LOL. I am able to load my skeleton plugin now. Appreciate the help.

• Hello,

I am trying to make my first CRX plugin as well. This thread really helped me a lot resolving EOF issue. I have another error FILE-014 File not found when I tried to uninstall the plugin. Do you guys have any ideas what could cause it?

Thanks beforehand!

• Hello,

I am trying to make my first CRX plugin as well. This thread really helped me a lot resolving EOF issue. I have another error FILE-014 File not found when I tried to uninstall the plugin. Do you guys have any ideas what could cause it?

Thanks beforehand!

When you tried to uninstall? Not during the install, or when you try to use the plugin in a program? That's... odd. Does the plugin actually get uninstalled? Can you tell which files were removed and which ones were not? That might give a clue as to where the uninstall process broke.

It seems really odd that the install process would work, but the uninstall fails -- they should use the same file indexes.

• Installation process was fine, no error was shown.

After uninstalled, the error,"FILE-014 File not found", showed up, Plugin list still has the plugin, and menu still showed. However, if I proceed a cold cycle start, the plugin disappeared.

Where do I check to see which files were removed and which ones were not?

• After uninstalled, the error,"FILE-014 File not found", showed up, Plugin list still has the plugin, and menu still showed. However, if I proceed a cold cycle start, the plugin disappeared.

Well, aside from the error, that sounds about right. Can you open up the error log and see what the details on that message are? It might show which file, or which reference, is tripping the message.

It's possible that the error message is just a harmless side effect of the uninstall process. Given the way other Fanuc software works, I'm not surprised that a reboot is required to finish the process.

Where do I check to see which files were removed and which ones were not?

...you know, I'm not sure. I was thinking that files were located in a particular directory, but I was mixing up the CRX apps with custom web pages. I suppose the brute-force way to try to determine it would be to make a backup of the "bare" robot, then install the CRX app and take another backup, then compare the two backups.

Advertising from our partners