OVC alarm

• Is there another way to solve OVC alarm apart from cycle power?

Yes, determine what is causing the alarm and rectify it.

Running a robot that frequently produces alarms are a warning sign that something is not correct.

Better to resolve the issue, rather circumventing it, it could end up more permanent and carry a higher expense to rectify.

That alarm (from my records) is relative to overloading of the motor applicable to the group and axis no:

- Forces being applied excessive - something is preventing the motor moving.

- Insufficient torque available to the motor, maybe supply to motor is low.

- Brake not fully releasing the motor, cable, supply source.

Go here to find some further useful information on the alarm, provided by linuxsand:

Know FANUC alarm codes (linuxsand.info)

• Thanks a lot i figured that it needs to be repaired only i had no idea how. Btw seems that it works now, no OVC alarm. Maybe it was that position in the program. I will check the next part

• If this has just started to occur on a mature system.

I would look at the program, step of the program and the position of the robot when the alarm occurs and obtain some data.

Then start monitoring for the frequency of it occurring, especially if it is occurring in the same part of the program and at the same position, that may yield some further information as to what may be happening.

Then try and reproduce the alarm using teach mode or some auto testing around the position the robot is alarming out - may yield issues with cabling around that position, or overloading to the motor.

Advertising from our partners