Fanuc CRX Force Face Match

• I have a Fanuc CRX Collaborative Robot. I am using it to load and unload a CNC lathe spindle. I am trying to achieve better part parallel by using the "Force Face Match" programming function to seat the part into the chuck as close to perfect as possible. I can't seem to find any information on setting up this feature.

I followed the prompts for it, and am able to get the Cobot to load the chuck, but 50% of the time I get contact force alarms. When we use the Force Face Match function, we do NOT want to have the robot "Detuned", correct?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks. :thumbs_up:

• Hi,

I haven't used this feature yet to tell you, but I'm curious how it works.

I don't know if this will help you but the last 2 videos that have been added to the Fanuc CRX E-Learning website are quite fun and easy to learn:

Training Account
    crx.fanucamerica.com

Let me know if you find an answer to your problem.

MR.

• Currently have conversations going back and forth with F-Support on this feature. I have been able to get it to operate but I don't know if everything i'm doing is correct from a programming side. It's very hard to find any information on Cobot's at this time beyond the basic programming.

I'll let you know what I find out.

• I've never used a co-bot for force sensing, but is it the same setup as a normal force sensor for the different tools and their respective schedules?

If so, have you looked at the normal force sensor manual? Each of the schedule elements is very well defined in that manual.

• I have read manuals that covered the force sensors, or sometimes referred to as "soft touch" programming on traditional yellow robots. However I am unsure of how the technology interacts with the "detune" function that we use on our Cobots. Detune allows the robot to apply some pressure while loading a chuck for example, without throwing contact force alarms and payload errors.

What I'm wondering is if the Force Face Match programming function needs to operate using normal tuning or if it should be operating in a detuned environment.

For example, we use an icon called something like "Touch Skip" to apply linear pressure in a specified direction, to perform this the Cobot needs to be Detuned or it will think it crashed into something external. However for the Force Face Match we are rotating around joints to seat two datums together and I suspect we don't want the Cobot Detuned to do this.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, or if my terms are inaccurate, I wish information was more readily available on the Fanuc Collaborative side of things.

• As I see it, you have a clearly defined question, with two possible answers. However, you lack the answer from Fanuc or this forum.

Why not just answer the question yourself?

Run a test with the robot de-tuned, and with it tuned. Figure out which method runs better, if at all.

Question solved. Seems pretty simple...

Advertising from our partners