Open Robot Backup

• Hi,

I am new user with Kuka robots, i don't know any things about this robot, software and its manual and its programming.

I worked with Yaskawa and Mitsubishi and ABB before.

I will know what is the offline software that i can open robot backup and see the robot programs?

How can i download software?

What is the manual of Kuka that explain its instructions?

Best Regards

• What type of backup do you talk about? Archive, WorkVisual Projekt, harddisk image?

For a start you should get an account on kuka portal, see pinned topic read first. Then download at least programmers and system integrators manuals.

Fubini

• I give an account in Kuka web site but i couldn't find the manuals.

I have some *.src file and i want to know how they write.

For software, what is its name for see the *.src files?

If you have instructions manual, can you send me?

• Src files are ascii you can open them with any editor you like. I personally use the notepad++ comeing with any kuka installation medium because it offers preconfigured syntax highlighting for KRL. Other option would WorkVisual (can be downladed from kuka portal). WorkVisual is needed anyway for configuration of KRC4 and newer anyway.

I do not have the manuals here. When needed I download them from kuka portal. You could also checkout the subforum for Manuals inside here.

Manuals, Software and Tools for KUKA Robots

Most important ones are the stated here

Details of course may change from release to release thats why its best to download the versions needed for you robot and controller version directly from kuka portal.

Fubini

• should read pinned topic READ FIRST. it tells how to find documentation, what the key manuals are, lists useful tools etc.

I give an account in Kuka web site but i couldn't find the manuals.

you need to be specific... which KUKA website? there are many...

main site is kuka.com but this is not where you can find documentation...it does have downloads section for software for example. here you can get WorkVisual... but you can also use any text editor (notepad, notepad++ etc.). I use Notepad++ most of the time. one can make custom syntax highlighting (see attached for an example).

one place with interesting things (but unfortunately not maintained and also not accessible to everyone) is the system partner portal.

the real place for finding KUKA documentation is the Xpert portal.

• Thank you guys.

I understand where can i finds data for it.

Please let me know for first step and start training of Kuka which manual name i must to read?

Which manual name i find for instructions of Kuka that use in programing?

• Please let me know for first step and start....?

Which manual name i find for instructions of Kuka that use in programing?

try paying attention... everything you need is already said...

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• KUKA Sim can not open KRC2 Controller programs in any version. It can only generate KRL programs. To load and run them you need OfficeLite. You can interface pretty much any OfficeLite version from KUKASim.

Fubini

• KUKA Sim can not open KRC2 Controller programs in any version. It can only generate KRL programs. To load and run them you need OfficeLite. You can interface pretty much any OfficeLite version from KUKASim.

Fubini

Hi Fubini,

Thank you for answer.

1. Where can i download OfficeLite softeware?

2. I load programs in Kukasim and put same robot (KR 6-2 W) in it. Also mounting same as real robot in our project but when i go to Move points robot don't have correct position. some of axis have error. What do you think for it?

I upload program of real robot.

• Well, for this specific version of KRC, You would need an old version of OfficeLite, and I'm not sure if these older OL versions would communicate with newer KUKA.Sim.

But newer KUKA.Sim releases - that, judging by the picture, is your case - have some standalone capabilities.

By the way, what version of KUKA.Sim You are using? 3.x? 4.x?

Before loading the programs, did You put the right TCP value on Your virtual robot?

i was looking at Your backup. Lets say I've stumbled on some cells from this particular machine builder in the past, and their robots normally work on very constrained spaces.

• The version of Kukasim is 4.1

No, i didn't do any setting before load programs.

How did you see the backup? With Kukasim or only see by Notepad?

Yes, the robot is on the wall and work in low space. Only have several moving in the path.

From the backup, i will know where the LIN positions used in real robot. I saw more than move instructions are PTP but there are 3 LIN move, i check in Kukasim and see video from moving of real robot but i couldn't give correct moving and same as video with LIN , i don't know how the machine builder take these moving with robot.

Advertising from our partners