C70F controller with FS03N robot arm error 1334

• What to do with my complete Kawasaki robot 2

1. tray to repair it (need some luck) (2) 100%
    2. sell it for parts (0) 0%

Hello everyone,

i have bought used robot FS03N with controller c70f (condition unknown at sale).

I changed manipulator battery. Then their is no error on boot, i can turn motor power on. When i tray to move manipulator i get 1334 error

Error code : -1334

MFP : Servo control line error.

I read all manuals which i can find for this controller. I found two error explanation:

1.)

Error code : -1334

MFP : Servo control line error.

Message kind : Error Manual division : Standard

Error processing : Motor OFF Error reset : Possible

Error logging : YES

Content:

Information of having done the demand of the brake open (It is not brake opening

confirmation) does not return within the fixed time (2 seconds) according to the command

line communication from the servo board even if servo control ON (SVCN) signal is sent from

the AS software to the servo board (1GB PC Board etc.) through the register of EPLD on

the power sequence board (1HP PC Board etc.).

l C4X,C70 Controller

Main cause:

· Defect of the power sequence board.

· Defect of the servo board.

· Defect of the harness between the power sequence board and servo board.

Measure:

· Exchange the power sequence board and the servo board, etc.

2.)

ERROR CODE -1334 Servo control line error.

Brake open command is not returned within 2 seconds when the servo control on

(SVCN) signal is sent from the AS software to the servo board (1GB) through the EPLD

register of the power sequence board (1FP/1HP). Main causes include:

1. Defect in the 1FP/1HP power sequence board.

2. Defect in the 1GB servo board.

3. Incorrect 1GB board dip switch settings.

4. Defect in the harness between the two boards. (XGB-CN1XHZ-CN4)

5. Defect in the harness between the 1GC/1GD power block and K3 contactor.

(X1SAMS, X1-SAXGC/XGD-CN10/CN12)

6. Defect in the harness between the 1GB servo board and the 1GC power block.

(XGB-CN12XGC/XGD-CN8, XGB-CN13XGC/XGD-CN9)

7. Defect in the 1GC/1GD power block.

Repair or Replace harnesses as needed.

Exchange the power sequence board and the servo board, etc.

Check 1GB board dip switch settings.

As we all know controller c70 is out of support. I have complete robot in very good condition (robot arm, controller, cables, TP).

Can anyone advice me?

1.) Can this be fixed (low cost up to 200 EUR/USD)

On ebay i can buy used one of possible two cards which are preferred to be damaged (50999-1692R23 or 50999-1599R10).

I can dig deep on ebay and find one of them for about 200 EUR/USD shipped to my country.

2.) Sell working parts to cover my cost of buying it.

If i choose option 1 which my heard like to do, i must be sure that will solve my problem. I can't afford to buy two or more boards.. I must find which board is defective and buy only this one. Here i need help if you advice me to tray to repair.

If not complete robot will gone, some parts will be sold and some working parts will be discarded..

Any schematic of boards will be very good if anyone can share (if i have this, maybe i can repair board locally). First of all i need to know which board is broken.

Thank you all

• Yes, indeed spares for these are rare and difficult to locate.

Kawasaki errors are usually the 'result' of the problem not necessarily the cause and most troubleshooting information is based on having boards available to swap to troubleshoot.

Can you confirm electrical setup of controller for:

- X204 connector, what is wired.

- 1HP dipswitch and jumper settings.

If you can obtain 1HP and 1GB board at cheap price, then this is first instance to try and rectify problem.

I cannot give 100% assurance, but weak point for aging on these controllers is main safety relays located on 1HK board.

Check your 'conversation', I have sent information to you to assist with troubleshooting further which should help you go deeper into problem.

• kwakisaki Thank you for your help and time.

I am quite new to robotics, but i hungry to learn more.

I like to resolve which board is which.

I think from up to down on picture it is mark as:

1.) 1GA

2.) 1HP

3.) SLOT3 in my case communications with external devices (external I/O) i think

I hope that i am right.

• Correct in all cases.

X204 is used for several functions including safety such as external emergency stop, external trigger and safety fence signals.

External emergency stop, external trigger and safety fence circuit must be wired to allow for Teach and Repeat Mode motion operations.

If not wired correctly, operations not possible.

The errors you are receiving are all tied in with safety circuits, so could be bad wiring to, so please check X204 is correct with external IO manual configurations for C70 and X204 configurations.

it is possible teach/repeat switch could create this error too, so please check contacts at back are good.

Do you receive these errors whether Teach or Repeat Mode is used?

• kwakisaki

Where i can find?

1HP dipswitch and jumper settings

Fuses in 1HP all 3 are ok. I can't find any switches on this board? One jumper jp1 and nothing else one red button (i read if i am correct pressed only when i am doing initialization after change of boards apply configuration).

• The errors you are receiving are all tied in with safety circuits, so could be bad wiring to, so please check X204 is correct with external IO manual configurations for C70 and X204 configurations.

If x204 is not correct configured i can not get so far to enable motor on. I read instruction several times and make short circuit after reading.

I cannot give 100% assurance, but weak point for aging on these controllers is main safety relays located on 1HK board.

Where i can find these relays. Which board is HK?

Thank you

• 1HP contains JP1, JP2 and small dipswitch section (DSW1).

I can see from image, JP1, JP2 and DSW1 are set for standard so all appear ok.

Red button on 1HP is only used for overtravel override function.

If external limit switches fitted to arm and motion activate switch (overtravel), then motor power is turned off and red button is used to allow for manual recovery.

Unless you have external limit switches fitted, this button will serve no function.

1HK board is located underneath card rack mounted on the side, you should see metal guarding covering it and some cut out windows for viewing.

If external emergency stop not wired, then motor power cannot be made and light up.

If external trigger not wired, then in teach mode no motion available.

- However, if not wired correctly, may cause error.

If safety fence not wired, then in repeat mode no motion possible (safe circuit error).

- However, if not wired correctly, may cause error.

• Robot moves in automatic mode. :thumbs_up: I tray test program with only home line. And home was :nauseated_face: . No correct home, no software limit,.. collision :frowning_face: . Any idea how to move robot to right direction without teach mode. How to re-zero robot in automatic mode? Impossible..

If robot moves, maybe some new idea what is wrong with teach mode is there separate relay line for teach mode?

Thank you

• Robot moves in automatic mode.

Good that proves the main electronics for the repeat power distribution and safety chain.

Does not rule out relays on 1HK though, or teach/repeat switch.

I tray test program with only home line. And home was :nauseated_face:

No idea what you are talking about as you are not explaining anything, just showing stupid emoji's.

Any idea how to move robot to right direction without teach mode. How to re-zero robot in automatic mode? Impossible..

So you're not interested in fixing it for teach mode then?

How have we got onto re-zeroing all of a sudden?

One thing at a time eh......

If robot moves, maybe some new idea what is wrong with teach mode is there separate relay line for teach mode?

Yes, checking out 1HK and teach/repeat switch.

• Maybe i was writing a little confusion.

As i say i not have a lot of experiences with robot, some with Kuka and some with Nachi. But first time use any Kawasaki robot.

I did not test Automatic mode before.

When i run test program (1 line program -> move to home position) robot moves to home command. And robot arm make collision, because all axes are completely unset (not zero-d).

Now i study a little more and now i can change programs on tech pendant, and i also found good command to move just one axis at a time with low speed. DRIVE (joint, degree, speed) example DRIVE 2,-5,5. Moving axles slowly running program (1 line program) multiple times. I couldn't watch the axles hit and had to study to at least move each axle out of that state

I have some problems with 6th axle because is only one sticker (for zeroing) left on that axle, any idea hot to find reference point ?

Of course I'm interested in fixing Teaching mode. But i am very glad to move robot at least in automatic mode.

• Difficult to re-zero when you can't manually move it.

If you have a brake release box, that will certainly help until the teach issue is resolved.

Your picture of the teach pendant in your first post shows the joint angles and without seeing the actual position of the arm, doesn't suggest a massive zeroing issue (usually those values show ridiculous values when not zero'd correctly.

I don't suppose you thought to get a file save (backup) of the controller before you started doing anything did you?

You could try temp zeroing and then using repeat mode to 'walk' each joint to the scribe line using the DRIVE command but could take a while.

No alternative really except for doing that though from what I can see.

Re-zeroing is not restricted to either teach or repeat modes, it just requires motor power to be off.

As for JT6 scribe line lost (same with JT4).

- That joint is not mechanically restricted, so it is free to continuously rotate.

- If you look at the flange face you will see 4 mounting holes and a dowel (pin hole)

- When Jt4 is at scribe lines and JT5 at scribe lines.

- If you get the flange of JT6 so that the centre of the dowel is in line with JT4 scribe, that should do.

- That should be close enough for a rough zero position.

With FS02 and FS03, for precision zeroing, there were a set of jigs (that you mounted to various points on the arm) that were used in conjunction with an inclinometer for precision zeroing.

• If you have a brake release box, that will certainly help until the teach issue is resolved.

First time i hear about break release box. How is look like, how is working?

I manage to do approximately zero-ing.

I am still with my first problem. Can't move robot in teach Mode.

I open side panel to look at two relays. They both of them engaged when i run program in repeat mode (engage one relay at motor power on and when start program engage second relay).

When tray to use Teach mode, listen carefully and hear that no relay is activated, not even when I "successfully start the motor power up-light orange lamp", when i push engage button throw known error. No relay sound at all in Teach Mode.

Is there any relays exclusive for teach mode? (not using in repeat mode) If yes, where located ?

Thank you!

• Brake release box plugs into the connector on the front panel and allows manual 24V switching of the motor brakes.

But just like spare parts, not available now.

I have my own made up for C7x and E4x controllers.

When in teach mode, the deadmans trigger is the 'request' to energise motors, so nothing happens until trigger signals are sent.

What is your X206 and X204 wired up as, please provide your circuits?

What are the status Led's showing on that board?

Have you got a backup that you can send?

Can you post a full/complete picture of that board?

• You are the man kwakisaki. Problem solved.

Explanation of solution in my case.

First i study I/O on X204 and shorted pins:

2-15

3-16

4-17

5-18

6-19

7-20

11-24

12-25

X206 not touching (all open)

and all working on repeat mode. On Teach mode i got error 1334.

I'm a bit disappointed that the c70 External I/O manuals doesn't say under this error that you need to look at how the X206 is set up.

Now solution:

Short pin X206

2-10

3-11

"external trigger disabled"

Now thanks to kwakisaki i have fully working Kawasaki robot :thumbs_up:

• Excellent news.......... :top:

I'm a bit disappointed that the c70 External I/O manuals doesn't say under this error that you need to look at how the X206 is set up.

I can assure you there will be many reasons why this error does not infer to the external trigger circuit.

As I mentioned earlier, errors are usually the result, not necessarily the cause.

However, I hear your pain with that...... :mad:

In fact I am sure in later versions of firmware, this error is not produced when the external trigger circuit is not wired, the robot just fails to move.

Good to hear though and looks like you may have grabbed yourself a bargain as the pictures you've provided show a very good condition Teach pendant, clean boards and a clean controller too.

Always nice to hear thes

Have fun..............

Advertising from our partners