Automation weld

• Huh i have a fixture that is being put toghther with slight difference everytime. I have to weld it and find the exact location of the seams. I use a lot of searches but am not sure that i understand them entirely. Based on the touch sensing how does a robot calculate the intersection of the seam. How is skip condition different fr search?

• Hello!
    What would you like to understand better?

You can create somewhat similary results with skip conditions, but Touch sensing option makes it so much easier.

Simple search pattern stores exact positional data inside a PR. But this type of search can only be used in case of two directional search of filet welds.

Other search patterns can be used for one directional searches and for two directional searches as well.

Also it can calculate the rotational position error of the workpiece too.

(You can set which ones you would like to calculate under "Pattern type" after choosing the search pattern.)

These search patterns store the positional difference between the mastered workpiece and the currently welded workpiece in one or multiple PR-s.

If you have the liberty to make fixtures more precise, I would recommend you do that.

Touch sense is better used for the positional errors of the workpiece caused by tolerances or preliminary manufacturing processes.

• Is there a manual for the geometry that the robot uses to calculate the seam position for example. What search is the best for defined geometry and how does it work exactly?

• The ArcTool operators manual describes what type of errors you can search for with which "pattern" and combined with each "pattern type". 1D shift / 2D shift / 2D shift + rotation..... and so on.

It describes some basic weld and part geometries too, but after all you will have to figure this out. Your exact task will have unique requirements and tolerances. So you have to know your part to make a logical and empirical conclusion to which setting you have to use.

The details of vector calculations are not described in the manuals, if thats what you are looking for.

Hope I could gather you all the answers you needed!

Advertising from our partners